Best place to buy older iPhone

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2019 2:52 am
[OP]
Jul 16, 2019
114 posts
135 upvotes

Best place to buy older iPhone

Any advice on where to get an unlocked replacement iPhone that will be easy and legit? I shattered my 6 and would like to replace it with a 7 or 8... thanks!
5 replies
[OP]
Jul 16, 2019
114 posts
135 upvotes
johnmoon wrote: Buy from here?
Would prefer not to buy from a forum due to legitimacy issues as I’ve heard of people buying phones that get bricked. Is this a major concern?

I also need it before EOD Monday so most online options aren’t available for me. Tough spot I know. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Dec 17, 2017
141 posts
79 upvotes
Chonksplonket wrote: Would prefer not to buy from a forum due to legitimacy issues as I’ve heard of people buying phones that get bricked. Is this a major concern?

I also need it before EOD Monday so most online options aren’t available for me. Tough spot I know. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
It's possible that it ends up blacklisted but short of buying it from apple or one of the authorized mainstream retailers there's no way to be sure. There are things you can do to reduce the risk like asking for a copy of the store/carrier receipt and buying from someone here with feedback or history vs a kijiji random. There's also the thought that older phones are less likely to be scams since scammers are going to make more money off flagships.

If you're near Toronto and are considering Orchard you can if you call ahead and go to their office to buy there. Orchard also has a guarantee against blacklisted phones.