Home & Garden

Best place to buy a washer/dryer combo (delivery/installation)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2023 1:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1848 posts
201 upvotes
GTA

Best place to buy a washer/dryer combo (delivery/installation)

looking for a place that delivers/installs/takes old appliance away. i checked costco online and it had many bad reviews about installation not being done properly and their homes being flooded... does anyone have any recommendations? or is it all the same e.g. home depot, lowes, etc. thanks
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6419 posts
3007 upvotes
Durham
BestBuy
Home Depot
Lowes
Rona
The Brick
Leons
CAS

All the same.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23540 posts
22506 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
leoben wrote: looking for a place that delivers/installs/takes old appliance away. i checked costco online and it had many bad reviews about installation not being done properly and their homes being flooded... does anyone have any recommendations? or is it all the same e.g. home depot, lowes, etc. thanks
We’ve used Costco in the last 10+ years for various Appliance purchases
They’ve been great
As it seems they have for the majority of folks here on RFD

BUT …
Experiences can differ place to place cuz of HOW Costco does their deliveries
Some are drop shipped by the Manufacturer
While others are contracted out c/o Costco individual warehouses to LOCAL delivery services

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/purchas ... #p37088498

Hence a whole lot of contrast place to place
Or even item to item on who you get

PS … Time to update your RFD PROFILE
So it says WHERE you are … great for threads like this
Cuz as I say who does the job is 100% dependent on WHERE you are
And what you buy / need done (delivery alone … or plus installation )
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
2775 posts
6531 upvotes
Ontario
I've used Costco for most appliance purchased. For the washer/dryer, they did a good job. I unplugged/disconnected everything ahead of time. They took out the old units, brought in the new units, hooked them up, no issues.

My mattress delivery was also Costco. But they seemed annoyed with having to deliver upstairs to the bedroom. Though I wasn't sure where else they thought the mattress would be delivered to...

My basement freezer, no issued, and delivery guys were happy to carry it downstairs.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23540 posts
22506 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Skilas wrote: I've used Costco for most appliance purchased. For the washer/dryer, they did a good job. I unplugged/disconnected everything ahead of time. They took out the old units, brought in the new units, hooked them up, no issues.

My mattress delivery was also Costco. But they seemed annoyed with having to deliver upstairs to the bedroom. Though I wasn't sure where else they thought the mattress would be delivered to...

My basement freezer, no issued, and delivery guys were happy to carry it downstairs.
Prime example of what I was saying in Reply # 3

Different LOCAL delivery people / companies dependent upon what you buy

In this case prob the Appliance folks vs the Furniture or Regular Delivery folks
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3854 posts
2433 upvotes
Woodbridge
I have dealt with Billa Appliances in Markham several times. No one could come close to their pricing that they offered right off the bat. However, they do not officially offer installation services.
leoben wrote: looking for a place that delivers/installs/takes old appliance away. i checked costco online and it had many bad reviews about installation not being done properly and their homes being flooded... does anyone have any recommendations? or is it all the same e.g. home depot, lowes, etc. thanks
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Apr 17, 2013
910 posts
145 upvotes
Markham
Got ours at Bad boy. They had a slightly better deal than other big box stores. However, we were doing a basement reno so our contractor installed it for us.
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
We bought laundry appliances and a TV from Costco. Been great. For laundry appliances, they give the washer hoses for free, and the dryer exhaust pipe for free as well. I installed those by myself. https://www.costco.ca/laundry.html They also take away your old appliances if you want to get rid of them, this for free.

Take into consideration that if you buy from costco.ca, and you have the Costco CIBC Mastercard, you earn 2% cashback. If you are an executive member, another 2% cashback on top of the other. Costco also offers a free 1 extra year warranty., and it's the place to have the cheapest extra warranty on the market. The extra warranty they sell os for an extra 3 years over the included 2 years for a total of 3 years. Warranty price depends on appliance price. Look at https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?dep ... s+warranty