Travel

Best place to find lowest airfare

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2020 2:14 pm
[OP]
Feb 4, 2020
1 posts

Best place to find lowest airfare

Forgive me if this was answered already, I'm new to RFD...but what I'm looking for are random flights to random destinations that are really good deals. I can travel on a whim and would love to choose a destination based on airfare price. Is there something on here I can follow or an app anyone can suggest that's good for that? Thanks!
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8551 posts
2498 upvotes
Mississauga
Best site to book flights is directly with the airlines.
Google Flights can show you what options there are.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Dec 26, 2005
898 posts
312 upvotes
Ottawa
Y2killinit wrote: Forgive me if this was answered already, I'm new to RFD...but what I'm looking for are random flights to random destinations that are really good deals. I can travel on a whim and would love to choose a destination based on airfare price. Is there something on here I can follow or an app anyone can suggest that's good for that? Thanks!
If you're looking for random destinations at the drop of a hat, at crazy prices... your best bet is to subscribe to Secret Flying. They post price errors to random destinations all the time.
Google flights is great and all, thats what i use, but only if you know where you're looking to go, and a timeframe.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8412 posts
1308 upvotes
Vancouver
Try skyscanner.net. They have a cool feature called “everywhere”. So set origin your home airport and then put everywhere in destination it lists the cheapest flights separated by country. It’s more of a European search engine but does work here (you’ll just see a lot of Lower cost regional flights).
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2172 posts
1302 upvotes
North Vancouver
Did you mean https://www.skyscanner.ca? https://www.skyscanner.net is for those in the UK
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1612 posts
353 upvotes
Vancouver
check out flyer talk for those types of fare deals..
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1671 posts
1227 upvotes
GTA West
YYZdeals.com and nextdeparture.ca have what you are looking for.

PS: Put your location in your profile since many of these threads will have location-specific recommendations.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15105 posts
12194 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
LarryT778370 wrote: Off the topic, does anyone know if RFD has the ability to get notification on new thread created in a a specific category? e.g. Flights in this case. I would like to get notified on any new thread posted in Flight section.
You can subscribe to a FORUM
Example, this is the TRAVEL FORUM
Go to the top of the FORUM DIRECTORY
(Here’s the link for this the TRAVEL FORUM one = https://forums.redflagdeals.com/travel-f39/ )
Look for FORUM TOOLS
Then choose SUBSCRIBE from the drop down menu

There is no where on RFD that there is a separate SECTION on Flights
Be that a SUB FORUM or a category onto itself (not even in HOT DEALS)
That I know of

If this isn’t what you are looking to do
Or find you haven’t explained your goal sufficiently
Then I suggest you post again in the FORUM dedicated to RFD Questions

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/site-co ... tions-f13/

Where one of the Mods / Programmers will give you more help

Like the other RFDers in this thread we just use other sources for flight info... in our case Flyer Talk
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1825 posts
3146 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote: You can subscribe to a FORUM
Example, this is the TRAVEL FORUM
Go to the top of the FORUM DIRECTORY
(Here’s the link for this the TRAVEL FORUM one = travel-f39/ )
Look for FORUM TOOLS
Then choose SUBSCRIBE from the drop down menu

There is no where on RFD that there is a separate SECTION on Flights
Be that a SUB FORUM or a category onto itself (not even in HOT DEALS)
That I know of

If this isn’t what you are looking to do
Or find you haven’t explained your goal sufficiently
Then I suggest you post again in the FORUM dedicated to RFD Questions

site-comments-suggestions-f13/

Where one of the Mods / Programmers will give you more help

Like the other RFDers in this thread we just use other sources for flight info... in our case Flyer Talk
Thank you for the help and letting me know that we can subscribe to a FORUM. I meant subscribing to Flight sub category in Hot Deals. :)