Home & Garden

Best place in the GTA for higher end appliances?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2021 5:38 pm
[OP]
Jan 12, 2004
925 posts
713 upvotes

Best place in the GTA for higher end appliances?

Building a new home and need to start looking at appliances. I've only had experience with mid-range products from your typical big box retailers other than a Miela washer/dryer I purchased from the warehouse sale a few years ago.

I'm familiar with the bigger names like Tasco, Caplan, but is there any other places I should be looking at or avoiding? Budget is ~$10-$12k for a fridge to give you an idea of what we're looking for.
5 replies
Oct 17, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Hamilton
I've just started appliance hunting for the first time, so I might not be the best person to post. But I did go to Goeman's recently. They also carried Miele and other such brands. The salesperson even disclosed that despite the commission, he didn't think such appliances were really necessary lol -- but he's happy to sell it to you if you like the style.

I also looked to Best Brand Appliances, but through virtual chat. Got quick responses on questions I had, such as service availability. An example of a brand they carried was Fisher and Paykel.

I can't comment on any full experience -- still new to the world of appliances. Hope that gives you other options!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
5565 posts
1763 upvotes
Appliance Canada is the only other place you didn't list. $10-12k will get a mid-range built in fridge. The only thing built-in fridge has going for it, imo, is the look. Reliability and interior space falls in the average to poor range, typically. They're really overpriced for what they do.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1307 posts
414 upvotes
Vaughan
Toukolou wrote: Appliance Canada is the only other place you didn't list. $10-12k will get a mid-range built in fridge. The only thing built-in fridge has going for it, imo, is the look. Reliability and interior space falls in the average to poor range, typically. They're really overpriced for what they do.
i completely agree. I was looking for a built-in fridge and I really couldn't justify the cost. It's wild how much of a premium it is. I don't quite understand why it's so much more. A free standing fridge was less than half the cost of a built-in fridge.
[OP]
Jan 12, 2004
925 posts
713 upvotes
Toukolou wrote: Appliance Canada is the only other place you didn't list. $10-12k will get a mid-range built in fridge. The only thing built-in fridge has going for it, imo, is the look. Reliability and interior space falls in the average to poor range, typically. They're really overpriced for what they do.
I left them off because of that horrible feedback thread in the shopping forum. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choice when starting to look at appliances in the $5000+ range.

Personally, I love the look of a huge stainless steel industrial looking fridge in the kitchen, but then again I do most (all) of the cooking in the family so functionality is more important too me. Too bad the wife and our designer dont see it that way. :rolleyes: