Personal Finance

Best Place To Have A RRIF To Maximize Interest Rates On Yearly Required Withdrawals.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2021 5:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
1703 posts
1424 upvotes
Ontario

Best Place To Have A RRIF To Maximize Interest Rates On Yearly Required Withdrawals.

BMO Investorline RRIF, requires money to be available for yearly percentage withdrawal. As it, can not be in a GIC or stocks but must be in cash, available for the time you requested, as in end of the year etc.
Investoline also has terrible interest rates.

Philips Hager and North mutual funds automatically redeem an equal percentage of all owned funds to make up the yearly withdrawal.

I am looking for one institution to consolidate my four RRSP plans that has decent interest rates to park money in laddered GICs to cover future withdrawals to maximize interest rates required for yearly withdrawal.
BMO Investorline is not it. The bulk of the RRIF will remain in ETFs.

An suggestions would be appreciated.
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7218 posts
4222 upvotes
profile wrote: BMO Investorline RRIF, requires money to be available for yearly percentage withdrawal. As it, can not be in a GIC or stocks but must be in cash, available for the time you requested, as in end of the year etc.
Investoline also has terrible interest rates.

Philips Hager and North mutual funds automatically redeem an equal percentage of all owned funds to make up the yearly withdrawal.

I am looking for one institution to consolidate my four RRSP plans that has decent interest rates to park money in laddered GICs to cover future withdrawals to maximize interest rates required for yearly withdrawal.
BMO Investorline is not it. The bulk of the RRIF will remain in ETFs.

An suggestions would be appreciated.
You can easily sell enough ETF to have cash for your yearly withdrawl. No need to keep GIC if you want to keep investing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)