Cell Phones

Best place to purchase dual SIM international phone?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2021 12:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1917 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa

Best place to purchase dual SIM international phone?

I am looking to purchase a dual SIM international version phone.

Preferably Samsung
  • S10, S20, S21
  • Note 10, 20, 21
  • Dual SIM with eSIM is even better and believe the S20 and up support this.

With lockdown and not being able to cross the border, it appears only logical choices are Amazon, Newegg and Bestbuy.
It also seems some of the 3rd party resellers on these sites have unhappy customers or even sketchy such as cellulartech and Swiftronics Canada.
I also believe there is no manufacture warranty with international versions

There doesn't seem to be many threads in RFD regarding dual SIMs or purchasing and wondering if anyone can suggest good site?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to feel smart - get stupid freinds...
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4368 posts
2663 upvotes
Gotham
This eBay seller is based in Richmond, BC, https://www.ebay.ca/usr/yayoibaby (aka easycellular.ca) or bhphotovideo. Easy Cellular are normally in Aberdeen mall but their physical location has shut down.

Easy Cellular usually has Asian phone variants and BH has Latin American variants. Be aware that the 5G frequencies are different on these phones and 5G won't work in North America. The only phone that I've found that will work with 5G globally is the US variant of the iPhone 12.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1917 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa
Not overly concerned about using 5G just yet
It's been a long time since I purchased from BH and didn't consider it. I like the idea of purchasing through them for a warranty instead of dealing with an unknown

Thanks
batcave wrote: This eBay seller is based in Richmond, BC, https://www.ebay.ca/usr/yayoibaby (aka easycellular.ca) or bhphotovideo. Easy Cellular are normally in Aberdeen mall but their physical location has shut down.

Easy Cellular usually has Asian phone variants and BH has Latin American variants. Be aware that the 5G frequencies are different on these phones and 5G won't work in North America. The only phone that I've found that will work with 5G globally is the US variant of the iPhone 12.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to feel smart - get stupid freinds...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5527 posts
1332 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
AliExpress

Freedom Mobile

Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6251 posts
1464 upvotes
Richmond Hill
swiftronics? can't vouch for them as i've never bought from them before but at least they have brick & mortar stores around the GTA. At least they are more legit than random sellers on ebay
Dec 6, 2020
280 posts
255 upvotes
Lumber-jack wrote: Not overly concerned about using 5G just yet
Frequency bands used for all service generations differ both regionally and among carriers. If you're planning to use one phone in multiple countries, you need to pay close attention to which bands are supported by both the phone and your intended carriers.

To make matters more complicated, phones sold under the same model number in different countries will often support different bands.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3583 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
at least in toronto, there are stores (mostly in brampton) putting kijiji ads selling dual sim phones. at least you can physically see the phone before paying, but might be hard to do at the moment given the pandemic restrictions

that being said, i have only seen ads for the samsung A-series, no idea about the higher-end S series models

but yup, no chance for warranty if anything breaks, there's no way around it. the last dual-sim phone i bought was sony xperia xz2 compact when i was taking a trip to hong kong in december 2018 (still using it as my main phone at the moment). i expected zero warranty support on it as well.

B&H should be reliable as a retailer, but you should not expect any warranty support either (which in the end makes it no better than buying from say, amazon)

i personally wouldn't purchase high-end international phones ($800+), too big of a risk with no warranty. worth a gamble for mid-rangers or lower however
Oct 29, 2008
565 posts
263 upvotes
L4J
Google Pixel 4a with 5G, Single nano SIM and eSIM
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3583 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
St.Genis wrote: Google Pixel 4a with 5G, Single nano SIM and eSIM
i was about to mention pixel phones, but i think OP is looking for high-end phones with dual sim, given that he mentioned only the S-series and note series lineup from the samsung