• Apr 2nd, 2019 9:52 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
625 posts
232 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario

Best place/site to trade phones?

I love my iPhone se, but I’m still using the 16gb version and enough is enough. I need more space, especially when the new iOS updates take about half of it. Ideally, I would like to trade in my iPhone se 16gb for a 64gb+ version + cash. I’ve heard good things about get orchard but their prices seem high for just a trade in. Any suggestions? Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20210 posts
8288 upvotes
Toronto
Orchard?
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19648 posts
9099 upvotes
Oakville
Honestly? GetOrchard is the only Canadian place I'm aware of where you can do this, where you're going to have any kind of blacklist guarantee, if you're looking to just upgrade to a used phone. And obviously they have to make a profit, so they're going to both give you less for your SE than its worth, and charge more for the phones they're selling than the used market rate. But that's the price you pay if you want to be guaranteed that you don't end up with a blacklisted phone.

The alternative is to pick up an upgraded iPhone in one of the frequent Koodo deals for discounted older-but-still-good iPhone models. If I'm not mistaken, there was an iPhone 8 and an iPhone 7 deal on this past weekend (iPhone 8 was... $360 I think?). And then just sell your iPhone SE on Kijiji or whatever. It's more hassle than just dealing with GetOrchard directly, but it's still *way* better than paying $709 for a used iPhone 8 from Orchard, no matter what they give you for a trade-in on your SE.

Edit: yup, the iPhone 8 was $0 on medium tab at Best Buy (no idea if it's still up, but often these deals are weekend-only things): http://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-buy ... n-2275360/