Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Apr 28, 2015
7 posts
The 6ix

best place to view plane takeoff/landing (Toronto) *immediate help

Eating dinner around 401 and Islington area. Kids want to check some planes out. Best spot to see plane takeoff and landings?

Immediate assistance

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
2488 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
try the airport

edit: like honestly not sure why it's necessary to ask, just go downtown and walk to the waterfront and be as close to billy bishop as possible, sometimes driving on the highway towards pearson you can already see planes landing/taking off, if need be drive to the airport, it's getting late though so you better get going
Mar 25, 2009
20 posts
7 upvotes
sauga
I think most people go to Silver Dart Drive. That's where you get the best views. If you go there, you are sure to see people pulled over and plane watching by the fence.
Banned
Apr 23, 2015
994 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Luckily for you I am an expert in this. Go to the coffee time by the airport. There's a landing strip right in front of it so you can see the planes come in really low. Breathtaking sights.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1725 posts
122 upvotes
Basically all along Airport Rd south of the International Center. It is lined with coffee shops.
SPOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!!...
Apr 6, 2015
133 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
WelcomeToDa6ix wrote:These are all amazing suggestions i appreciate it. We have moved it to next weekend due to the fireworks tonight. Ive noted all these locations. The kids are looking forward2s to it.

Thanks all.
Have fun!
Jan 12, 2010
781 posts
224 upvotes
Yeah, I go to the Petro Canada/Wendy's right by Airport and Orlando drive. Also remember that the planes take off and land in the direction against the wind, so keep that in mind too. I was there last week with my girlfriend when you can see the Emirates' A380 taking off.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
You have to wonder what geniuses thought it was a good idea to place a gas station right at the end of a busy runway. It's like they were preparing a scene for a Final Destination movie or something.

You can't do anything about major highways near airports, but gas stations below busy flight paths... :facepalm:

[IMG]http://www.blogto.com/upload/2007/05/pl ... ing10b.jpg[/IMG]

I wouldn't mind going plane spotting if I lived closer to the airport, but I wouldn't stand around that location.