• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 10:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2367 posts
804 upvotes

Best place / way to sell my 2011 Venza 5DR AWD with 80000 KM

What souce would be the best way to sell my Venza. Had 0 problems but I don't drive enough to keep it. It currently has 80000KM on it and it's on CAA insurance that I pay for every 1000KM as I don't really drive it.

What would be the best way to sell it? Don't want to list it myself...don't have time or energy.
dealer that I want to buy car from does that take trade in.
15 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18881 posts
6912 upvotes
Toronto
So dealer will probably offer $8000-$9000. If you don't want to list it, then you have to sell to the dealer.

Wholesale

Retail
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2367 posts
804 upvotes
So I just drive around to different dealers and take the best offer?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1256 posts
471 upvotes
Vancouver
joongpark wrote: So I just drive around to different dealers and take the best offer?
Pretty much yea.

I would really consider selling it privately considering it's a Toyota SUV and has such low KM's. You can probably sell it within a week for more than whatever the dealers will give you. Definitely worth the effort considering the wholesale/retail spread is like $2,000. It's literally taking a few pictures and maybe a few test drives.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5040 posts
4129 upvotes
carmaster wrote: So dealer will probably offer $8000-$9000. If you don't want to list it, then you have to sell to the dealer.

Wholesale

Retail
Wow..that's a really good price for it!

These things really kept their value!
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11656 posts
3959 upvotes
Toronto
Easy sell on kijiji. Toyota and SUV. I m surprise if you still not sold the car within a week.

It is a lot easier than you think. You can still it without safety and as it is. First person comes with money get it.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3998 posts
3018 upvotes
GTA
MP3_SKY wrote: Easy sell on kijiji. Toyota and SUV. I m surprise if you still not sold the car within a week.

It is a lot easier than you think. You can still it without safety and as it is. First person comes with money get it.
Venza is closer to station wagon than to suv. It's just an ugly crossbreed. Never popular, withvsales declining year after year, but solid car and very reliable.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6655 posts
2258 upvotes
GTA
carmaster wrote: So dealer will probably offer $8000-$9000. If you don't want to list it, then you have to sell to the dealer.

Wholesale

Retail
With low mileage Toyota/ accident free the dealers will offer @ 2/3 of wholesale....my guess is OP will be offered 7000 when he drives to dealers. Small independents will offer 5-6 thou, some less.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4339 posts
1824 upvotes
Dealers will give you very bad offers - unless you buy a brand new car (you give them your Venza as a trade in).

Just post it on Kijiji, with such low mileage there will be people interested in buying it.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11656 posts
3959 upvotes
Toronto
motomondo wrote: Dealers will give you very bad offers - unless you buy a brand new car (you give them your Venza as a trade in).

Just post it on Kijiji, with such low mileage there will be people interested in buying it.
Correction, Dealers will give you a bad offer regardless if you buy a car from them or not.
They may even not buying your car if you are not trading in for a new car sold by them.

OP. Bad offer means much lower that a fair marketing price.

You will be basically giving few thousand dollars away by saving those called "hassles".
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Jan 16, 2017
38 posts
14 upvotes
It is tough to sell a vehicle to a dealer when you are not buying another vehicle. They will low ball, as they are not making any money from you on the sale of a new vehicle.

Value of your car will depend on trim level, engine (4-cyl or V6) and whether or not it has been involved in any accidents.

The Venzas hold their value like crazy. If you look on Kijiji, prices for a 2011 low mileage Venza range from 12k to 18k depending on the items I mentioned above. Those are asking prices, but give you an idea.

Personally, I'd list it on Kijiji. My guess is you will sell it quickly for a lot more than a dealership will offer you.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5723 posts
3332 upvotes
Toronto
Do an AutoTrader instant cash offer to gauge what dealers will pay for your car, otherwise go to your nearest soccer field when there's a game and park it there with a for sale sign.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Mar 12, 2016
47 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
joongpark wrote: What souce would be the best way to sell my Venza. Had 0 problems but I don't drive enough to keep it. It currently has 80000KM on it and it's on CAA insurance that I pay for every 1000KM as I don't really drive it.

What would be the best way to sell it? Don't want to list it myself...don't have time or energy.
Take a look at this, might help: https://www.myusedcar.ca/where-to-sell- ... n-toronto/

However, If you sell it yourself you will get more money out of it, a bit of a headache though.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3440 posts
1760 upvotes
Toronto, ON
joongpark wrote: What souce would be the best way to sell my Venza. Had 0 problems but I don't drive enough to keep it. It currently has 80000KM on it and it's on CAA insurance that I pay for every 1000KM as I don't really drive it.

Dude instead of posting on here asking how to sell it, there are various websites that will guide you. For instance, Kijiji Autos, Autotrader, or maybe even putting a "For Sale" sign on your windshield, that you can buy from Dollarama.

Or better yet, head over to "Buy sell trade" thread and list your vehicle on there. Just take some pics with your phone, and put easy stuff like year, KM, cleanliness, color, any rust, any options (sunroof, navi, leather, rims, winter tires, etc.)
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15279 posts
3628 upvotes
Toronto
Go to Auto Showplace. They can evaluate your car and give you a trade in offer. If a dealer does not pay well, these guys will buy it off of you:

https://autoshowplace.ca/

Auto Showplace
254 Creditstone Road, Concord, ON L4K 1P3, CA
(416) 661-3444

Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Wednesday 9:30am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday: Closed
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Jun 25, 2012
99 posts
14 upvotes
TORONTO
I’m trying to sell my moms car right now on Kijiji. She’s about an hour away but I have her car. Can I transfer the ownership if I sell privately or would it be better to just trade it in to a dealer or other company?