Computers & Electronics

Best places to buy an 21.5" iMac? Or is this not a good time to buy?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2015 8:05 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Apr 9, 2015
186 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto

Best places to buy an 21.5" iMac? Or is this not a good time to buy?

I am looking for a 21.5" iMac, I just need a basic all in one desktop for chrome. I know about the Apple Refurb store, but are there other places I can consider for buying a mac at a lower price?

I know the 27" Retina iMac came out late last year, does anyone know when iMacs typically gets refreshed? I wouldn't mind waiting a 21.5" Retina imac if it is not too far away. Thanks.
Stay Away: Staples at 1000 Gerrard St East - Very Poor Service When Doing A Return: staples-1000-gerrard-st-east-very-poor- ... n-1731575/
5 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8628 upvotes
GTHA
Warare wrote: I know the 27" Retina iMac came out late last year, does anyone know when iMacs typically gets refreshed? I wouldn't mind waiting a 21.5" Retina imac if it is not too far away. Thanks.
from http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/15/ipa ... nstrained/

"The 27-inch Retina Display iMac is likely to begin shipments before the end of 2014, with the 21-inch Retina Display arriving sometime in the second half of 2015. The delay between the two models, Kuo suggests, is because of how difficult it is to develop two different sized high resolution panels at the same time."
[OP]
Banned
Apr 9, 2015
186 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
I got the iMac, the non retina screen is so blurry, I can't stand it, I think I will return it because there is no way I am going back to a regular screen after using a retina screen.
Stay Away: Staples at 1000 Gerrard St East - Very Poor Service When Doing A Return: staples-1000-gerrard-st-east-very-poor- ... n-1731575/
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
Warare wrote: I got the iMac, the non retina screen is so blurry, I can't stand it, I think I will return it because there is no way I am going back to a regular screen after using a retina screen.
A resolution of 1920 x 1080 on a 21.5" screen is "blurry"?!? How spoiled we have become. :( Didn't you pop into a Best Buy or Apple Store to check one out before you purchased? Luckily there's a simple solution since it's your money - return it and pay double next year when the 21.5" retina comes out.
[OP]
Banned
Apr 9, 2015
186 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
whistlepig wrote: A resolution of 1920 x 1080 on a 21.5" screen is "blurry"?!? How spoiled we have become. :( Didn't you pop into a Best Buy or Apple Store to check one out before you purchased? Luckily there's a simple solution since it's your money - return it and pay double next year when the 21.5" retina comes out.
I am going to return this $1199 computer for a refund. There is no way I am going back to a non-retina screen.
Jul 1, 2009
711 posts
133 upvotes
Warare wrote: I am going to return this $1199 computer for a refund. There is no way I am going back to a non-retina screen.
You should return it because you paid the same amount as you would if you bought a MBA, less the SSD. Actually I think even the MBA outperforms the basic iMac esp with the new broadwell procs.

P.S. the 27" iMac (not the 5K one) is not "retina" either, yet I'm sure you'd be fine with the resolution.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)