Investing

Best platform for investing in Hongkong Stock Exchange?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2021 10:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1406 posts
621 upvotes
Nobleton, ON

Best platform for investing in Hongkong Stock Exchange?

what's the best platform for such task? aiming for long term holding. Thanks
3 replies
Sr. Member
May 2, 2019
597 posts
756 upvotes
Vancouver
xuanzh wrote: what's the best platform for such task? aiming for long term holding. Thanks
Not trading there much personally, but consider Interactive Brokers Canada (good commission for smaller orders, 0.08% of the order) or HSBC InvestDirect (could be cheaper for larger orders, HK$288 fixed commission).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1406 posts
621 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
yvrbanker wrote: Not trading there much personally, but consider Interactive Brokers Canada (good commission for smaller orders, 0.08% of the order) or HSBC InvestDirect (could be cheaper for larger orders, HK$288 fixed commission).
Thank you! IB will have a fixed fee should you didnt trade frequently, right? I will tend to hold to stocks for years without activities, thus IB doesn't seem to fit my need. Btw, does both trading platform require HK dollar or they would do Forex adhocly? thanks
Sr. Member
May 2, 2019
597 posts
756 upvotes
Vancouver
xuanzh wrote: IB will have a fixed fee should you didnt trade frequently, right?
Indeed, unless you keep over 100K USD worth of value in the account. If you have less, the inactivity fee is 10 USD / month minus any commissions generated, so harder to justify for long-term hold scenarios.

As for conversions, IB supports multiple currencies per account and easy (very cheap) conversions within. Assuming you talk a margin account. Their TFSA/RRSP only support CAD and USD.

Not sure how InvestDirect handles currencies. Frankly, InvestDirect is the last brokerage I'd use, but Hong Kong is HSBC expertise after all.

Top