• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 1:15 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2017
352 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto

Best prepaid Mobile phone service to port and save an old number I have

What is the Best prepaid Mobile phone service to port and save an old number I have, and want to keep.

I won't be using the line at all,.other than to save the number. Who is best?
12 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3040 posts
2055 upvotes
Canadia
Public Mobile is $15/month. You could also port the number for free to VOIP.ms and pay about $1/month to keep it parked.

There's no real reason that you have to park the number with a mobile phone company.
Dec 28, 2019
26 posts
11 upvotes
Speakout wireless. A $25 topup is valid for 365 days.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2017
352 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
bdl999 wrote: Speakout wireless. A $25 topup is valid for 365 days.
Do I have to pay monthly $25 to keep the service active. or is it like prepaid, pay $10 or $25, and its good gor 30 days?
Dec 28, 2019
26 posts
11 upvotes
rendered22 wrote: That sounds great, and they use Rogers network?

Where can I get a SIM card? Any places that offer free sims?
They run on Roger's network. You can get a sim card at a 7-11 store or online. I think it's $10.
Sometimes they have a promo for a free sim card with a $100 topup.
Mar 7, 2006
59 posts
68 upvotes
rendered22 wrote: That sounds great, and they use Rogers network?

Where can I get a SIM card? Any places that offer free sims?
Until Mar 3, free SIM with $35 or greater SpeakOut top up purchase.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20775 posts
14667 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Kiraly wrote: Fongo is $25 one time fee. No cost after, but you do need to make a (free) outgoing call every month or so to keep it active. You can do this from anywhere in the world where you have WiFi or cellular data.
According to Fongo the $25 porting fee also prevents your number from "expiring." Fongo Account Inactivity & Deletion Policy ("Accounts will not be deleted due to inactivity if they have one of the following:... A number Ported to Fongo from another carrier")
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9045 posts
10479 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote: According to Fongo the $25 porting fee also prevents your number from "expiring." Fongo Account Inactivity & Deletion Policy ("Accounts will not be deleted due to inactivity if they have one of the following:... A number Ported to Fongo from another carrier")
Ooh nice! Didn't know that, thx
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20775 posts
14667 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Kiraly wrote: Ooh nice! Didn't know that, thx
Even though that's their rule, I'd still try to use a Fongo number every few months just in case. I hate to discover that they'd changed their policy without notice and expired my number just when I needed to use it.
veni, vidi, Visa