• May 25th, 2015 7:00 pm
[OP]
Mar 23, 2015
201 posts
26 upvotes
Burlington, ON

Best Pressure Washer under $600

Hi Guys,

I am new to owning a house and it’s time for me to buy my first pressure washer. I am looking for gas pressure washer and was wondering what’s the best out there to buy.

My tasks for this machine will mostly include the following: Washing sidings, porch, deck, drive way, windows, air conditioner and car.

I heard that there are some pressure washer that can remove paint from sidings, porch and garage doors. I would really like that as we will be repainting our porch, windows, garage door this summer and will be repainting our sidings this or next year.

Please let me know which pressure washer you can recommend.

Also let me know what the best place to buy them (Home Depot, Lowes, … so on)

Thank you in advance.

Ildasm
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1147 posts
530 upvotes
York Region
Not an expert on pressure washers but i have a cheap electric Simoniz one that probably cost $200 from CT 8 years ago and I've used it to strip old latex stain from my deck. I have lent to to a few people who have done more extensive work and none complained about it. Not sure if you need to spend up to $600 on a decent unit. The gas ones are much more convenient. The ones you posted looks like it will do what you want.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3182 posts
1530 upvotes
Any pressure washer around 3000psi should be able to strip paint decently with the right attachment.

Generally speaking most of the brands are about the same in performance. For longevity though, I would pick up something with a Honda or Briggs and Stratton motor. Be aware that it's basically just luck if the attachments or pump starts to leak.

I picked up one from princess auto last year with a Honda engine, had issues with the pump later on and returned it for one with a B&G motor. Haven't tried it yet, but I expect good things from it as well.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2015
201 posts
26 upvotes
Burlington, ON
CensoredByRFD wrote: Any pressure washer around 3000psi should be able to strip paint decently with the right attachment.

Generally speaking most of the brands are about the same in performance. For longevity though, I would pick up something with a Honda or Briggs and Stratton motor. Be aware that it's basically just luck if the attachments or pump starts to leak.

I picked up one from princess auto last year with a Honda engine, had issues with the pump later on and returned it for one with a B&G motor. Haven't tried it yet, but I expect good things from it as well.
I decided to go with Honda engine as well bougth Ryobi 3100 PSI. Going to try to use it this weekend
[OP]
Mar 23, 2015
201 posts
26 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Hi Guys,

What do you think about this pressure washer:

http://www.costco.ca/Karcher-G-3050-OHC ... 69815.html

I tried to Ryobi last weeend and detergent pump didn't work. Called Ryobi and they told me to take it back to Home Depot. I returned and curretly looking for a new model.

Let me know what you think guys.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5596 posts
1163 upvotes
I think I have the same one as the Costco one. Had it for about two years. Worked well so far. Forgot to add fuel stabilizer over the winter and it was a bit harder to start when I first ran it. So far so good
Banned
Jan 16, 2015
869 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto, ON
[QUOTE]Washing sidings, porch, deck, drive way, windows, air conditioner and car.
[/QUOTE]
Good news- You don't need a pressure washer!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)