None
[OP]
May 22, 2012
987 posts
103 upvotes
MONTR

Best preworkout?

Hi,

I am looking for a strong preworkout that will give me lots of focus and energy. I am not big on pre-WOs, and my first and last was Craze briefly which I thought was pretty good before it was banned.

Now I am looking for something similar. Asking at bb.com always yields BS replies from reps themselves so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks.
18 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto
I usually take creatine and do a combination of dancing/stretches.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2006
2010 posts
416 upvotes
Markham
lachdanan wrote: Hi,

I am looking for a strong preworkout that will give me lots of focus and energy. I am not big on pre-WOs, and my first and last was Craze briefly which I thought was pretty good before it was banned.

Now I am looking for something similar. Asking at bb.com always yields BS replies from reps themselves so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks.
MAX-OUT will do the trick.. gets you amped yet very focused at the same time.. one of the strongest pre's I've had.
Jay Rana | 🌱 the vegan realtor
Broker, CENTURY 21 Titans Realty Inc. Brokerage
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2891 posts
253 upvotes
200 mg caffeine pill. Cheap as chips and works just like an PWO.

In the past, I used to stack it with ephedrine. Turned me into a monster. But not sure eph is still available???
The best way to become ordinary is to follow the advice of ordinary people.
Unless you've actually tried something, your comments are virtually meaningless.
Condemnation before investigation is the highest form of ignorance
[OP]
May 22, 2012
987 posts
103 upvotes
MONTR
Where do you guys get yours? bb.com?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
4993 upvotes
Here 'n There
Forget taking industrial chemicals and just jog for 10 min on a treadmill or do the elliptical.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2007
1368 posts
78 upvotes
Milton
SuperPump 3.0., White Flood, or C4 are my go-to's
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1511 posts
541 upvotes
Calgary
If I buy commercial I get one of the following
C4, assault or mr Hyde.

Right now I am making my own consisting of
400mg caffeine (200caps for 9 bucks)
6g creatine (a pound for 20 bucks)
Beta-alanine (pound for 20ish bucks)
Flavoring of kool aid or Gatorade.

The raw ingredients can all be bought at canadian protein.ca for roughly the prices i list. Free shipping on orders over 100 bucks. Protein powder is cheaper there too, but everything comes in backs. If I order Monday night, I'll have my stuff by Wednesday or Thursday.
Banned
Feb 13, 2015
1059 posts
243 upvotes
Oakville, ON
C4, Nitraflex and Hyde are my go to PWOs
When I first started I actually used Walmart Six Star preworkout.. surprisingly it works really well and gives you a nice pump
Jun 11, 2004
934 posts
123 upvotes
c4 is pretty good, gives you the tingles because of the beta alanine. I really like Phd wired as well.

Got a bunch of sample packs from the popeyes appreciation sale this weekend that i will be trying.

Preworkout is addicting
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1511 posts
541 upvotes
Calgary
Sibica wrote: 200 mg caffeine pill. Cheap as chips and works just like an PWO.

In the past, I used to stack it with ephedrine. Turned me into a monster. But not sure eph is still available???
It is available in 8mg doses only. 24 mg has been banned. And this stuff is dirt cheap - 600 8mg pills for 25 bucks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1897 upvotes
Ontario
Just coffee for me.
I also take 5g of BCAA just before, and sip 10-15g of BCAA during.

Anything that gives me heart palpitations, honestly, scares me.
I would never touch something like ephedra.
Nov 18, 2014
60 posts
23 upvotes
The Hammer, ON
I'm a big fan of GAT NITRAFLEX. 200mg caffeine per serving many flavors.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10287 posts
4742 upvotes
Toronto
quick power nap on the train after work and i'm ready to go.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5684 posts
2252 upvotes
Thornhill
lachdanan wrote: Hi,

Thanks.
I've tried tons of pre-workout mixes in my prime 10-15 years ago and just recently picked up a few to get some mojo back for the gym.

Some that I picked up recently that come to mind. C4 Extreme - garbage, NO-Explode -always has been weak and still is. The only one that gave me a significant boost was a lesser known pre-workout made by Revolution Nutrition and the product is called Speed from GNC. I got flavour Peach Mango and it tastes literally like those popular Peach candies without any of the sourness.

I also got a few samples for PharmaFreak's Ripped. This stuff was great for the first hour but ends up really coming hard on you when you're done and it made me quite sick

The 'kick' from Speed is not like the same ones from 10-15 years ago before Health Canada started banning all the crazy substances but it's enough to get you going without the nasty taste.
[OP]
May 22, 2012
987 posts
103 upvotes
MONTR
th12mq wrote: C4, Nitraflex and Hyde are my go to PWOs
When I first started I actually used Walmart Six Star preworkout.. surprisingly it works really well and gives you a nice pump
You mean Mr Hyde? It seems like Hyde is not available anymore.