• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2020 4:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3457 posts
862 upvotes

Best price/value/quality refrigerator brand

As title says what are good brands which you can recommend?
I have not heard good things about LG and Samsungs. I have Frigidaire right now which is in need of replacing.
Thank you
5 replies
Jun 28, 2015
249 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have heard good things about LG. My parents house is littered with LG products, from appliances to tvs, monitors, media players. They have no complaints at all.

Cant speak to samsung. I have so heard that Amana is really good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6088 posts
2692 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
FWIW

Electrolux and Frigidaire are twins.

Whirlpool markets Maytag, JennAir, KitchenAid, Roper, Amana brands among others.

GE was acquired by Haier who also owns Fisher + Paykel.

Do a bit of research.

Due to cost-cutting by most manufacturers, quality of appliances produced currently could be very different from quality of just a few years ago.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2904 posts
590 upvotes
Ancaster
LucifersGhost wrote: I have heard good things about LG. My parents house is littered with LG products, from appliances to tvs, monitors, media players. They have no complaints at all.

Cant speak to samsung. I have so heard that Amana is really good.
We've had nothing but trouble from our LG French Door model. Lots of issues with premature compressor failures in Canada & US.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3686891/refr ... r-matters/

In the future I'll be avoiding LG and Samsung for appliances.

I'll be sticking with the Frigidaire, Whirlpool and GE families for the lions share of our appliances and Miele for dishwasher and Bosch for Washer/Dryer.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8064 posts
2732 upvotes
Maple
Not LG/Samsung. They are junk, don't offer reliability after 3 years. So it would them not best price/value/quality refrigerator brand.