• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2010 12:13 pm
[OP]
Apr 9, 2007
493 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver

Best product for semi-clogged drain?

Bath tub is slow to drain water as of late. Likely due to hair and dirt buildup that I cannot fish out. Would something like Drano fix this?

Thx
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
142 upvotes
that was GROSS! very effective method, I'm going to pick one of those bad boys up soon... I have three girls with long hair and I'm constantly having to unplug my bath drain.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2007
493 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the info. I went to both Canadian Tire and Home Depot and they didn't have anything like that in stock.
Mar 14, 2006
968 posts
467 upvotes
Coquitlam
I am looking for one of these also...does anyone have any ideas of where to get one in the Vancouver area?
Oct 7, 2009
814 posts
50 upvotes
Same here, if anyone finds one somewhere, let me know!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
142 upvotes
Both HD and CT carry them... HD isn't the exact model.. it's made by Moen... Here's the HD link - http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... ign=978475
Instead of the little spikes sticking out they have holes drilled along the side..

CT carries the actual Zip-It model the product code is 63-8513-2 retails for $4.99

Enjoy!
Mar 14, 2006
968 posts
467 upvotes
Coquitlam
SPACEMANRICK wrote: I am looking for one of these also...does anyone have any ideas of where to get one in the Vancouver area?
I just bought one today at Canadian Tire in Port Coquitlam. The cost was $4.99 and the Canadian Tire SKU# is 063-8513-2.....it seems to have cleared one of my drains that was partially clogged with hair :eek:

Mcplar, it looks like yo beat me getting the SKU# while I went to look for my receipt!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
142 upvotes
took ya 45 minutes to find your receipt??? lol :)
Mar 30, 2010
733 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Home Hardware has it's own brand of drain de-clogger but keep the window open, it stinks.

Works well though.

Must get one of those Zip Its! lol
Mar 14, 2006
968 posts
467 upvotes
Coquitlam
mcplar wrote: took ya 45 minutes to find your receipt??? lol :)
I made some lunch also...... :lol:
Jun 3, 2006
928 posts
326 upvotes
Markham
On a somewhat related note, one of our toilets flushes a little slower. I assume that it's semi-clogged. It's actually clogged a few times in the past, and I got it to unclog with a plunger, but it still flushes slow. What would you guys recommend to help clear it?
Apr 23, 2007
86 posts
9 upvotes
SPACEMANRICK wrote: I just bought one today at Canadian Tire in Port Coquitlam. The cost was $4.99 and the Canadian Tire SKU# is 063-8513-2.....it seems to have cleared one of my drains that was partially clogged with hair :eek:

Mcplar, it looks like yo beat me getting the SKU# while I went to look for my receipt!

What was the name of the product and where in the store did you find it?
[OP]
Apr 9, 2007
493 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok, so after a lot of running around, I found the "Zip-it Drain Cleaner" (SKU# 063-8513-2) at Canadian tire. I asked the guy to do a check on inventory at other stores in the lower mainland. Here's what other stores had as of last night:

Cambie& 7th: 20
Richmond: 23
Kingsway & Nanaimo: 0
Grandview Hwy: 0
Byrne Road: 43
Coquitlam: 2
Port Coquitlam: 9
North Van: 10

I tried it last night on my sink and it worked like a charm. They're one-time-use so i bought 2 just in case it didn't work on the first try.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)