None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2347 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto

Best restaurant you ate at in the US?

what is your favorite restaurant that you tried in the US? Please provide city and name of the place and if possible the type of food you ate there.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
150 replies
May 28, 2012
12053 posts
4680 upvotes
Saskatoon
Opal Thai's - North Shore, Oahu.
Aug 9, 2005
902 posts
384 upvotes
If you're talking casual, we've made evening trips just to eat at Fuddruckers.
Their 1-pound burgers are legendary, although my favourite is their Buffalo Burger.
Feb 3, 2011
302 posts
66 upvotes
Markham
Patsy's Pizzeria, Harlem, NY

Just a plain Pizza, and the best I've ever had.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29402 posts
14902 upvotes
dokechi wrote: If you're talking casual, we've made evening trips just to eat at Fuddruckers.
Their 1-pound burgers are legendary, although my favourite is their Buffalo Burger.
I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks so.
This is basically my benchmark for fast food/casual burger.
Instead of building up (which is stupid) they build out. They grind in house so you can get it rare. It comes plain so you can top how you like. Buns are baked fresh in house. It's dirt cheap at $10.
Their fries however are terrible but just get another burger.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19938 posts
6866 upvotes
Toronto
Arby's. Please come back to Toronto Arby's! Thanks!!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19938 posts
6866 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: Cheesecake factory... Many locations in the states...
+1, Dare I restart the wonderful rumour that they're coming to Toronto's Yorkdale mall...? :twisted:
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2002
1067 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
I've actually found almost everything in the US to be pretty average compared to Toronto. Only thing worth mentioning are the Mexican restaurants in California; noticeably a cut above the Mexican places in Toronto.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12518 posts
3227 upvotes
Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

The waffles aren't anything special, but the chicken is actually amazing. I've tried a few places here that have chicken & waffles on the menu and find those places just don't compare.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10287 posts
4742 upvotes
Toronto
chima brazilian steakhouse fort lauderdale
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
I wonder how good the steakhouse are in Texas. Never been.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2347 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Ok so I have two:

-A philly cheese steak sandwich I had in Denver's international airport, on a transit stop on the way to Vegas. It was amazing and for a cheap price!
-As for a restaurant, while I haven't been to too many restaurants in the US, my favorite would have to be Cheesecake factory: tried it in Vegas and Fort Lauderdale and in both cases it didn't disappoint.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7763 posts
5245 upvotes
Victoria, BC
dokechi wrote: If you're talking casual, we've made evening trips just to eat at Fuddruckers.
We used to have a Fuddruckers in Victoria, BC back in the day. I LOVED their burgers (and the cheese sauce all over everything). They closed years ago unfortunately. I'm now in Ottawa. Not sure if there was ever a Fuddruckers here or not.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7763 posts
5245 upvotes
Victoria, BC
For another casual, cheap meal I love Earl of Sandwich. I've had it at Downtown Disney in both Anaheim and Florida. Their holiday sandwich is to die for, and also their roast beef with horseradish one (I think they call it the Original or something). So inexpensive and so good!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19938 posts
6866 upvotes
Toronto
Olive Garden (Buffalo NY) is way better than East Side Mario's. I wish they'd come back to Toronto!! (They left in 1997)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7909 posts
3519 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Arby's. Please come back to Toronto Arby's! Thanks!!
Really? That's the best restaurant you've EVER eaten at in the U.S.? Sad.