Request-A-Deal

Best Skate Sharpening in Ottawa? (not Tim's Used Sports)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2014 3:30 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2008
140 posts
2 upvotes

Best Skate Sharpening in Ottawa? (not Tim's Used Sports)

Horrible experience with skate sharpening at Tim’s Used Sports, 1280 Wellington Street W, Ottawa, ON K1Y 3A7, (613) 729-9005
Need a new alternative.

What was I thinking … I brought in two pair to sharpen my first visit here because my regular shop was closed. Huge mistake. Would have been far better off the way they were before because somehow they un-sharpened both pair.

My son who’s played competitive hockey for years played a game that night and kept falling down. He said it felt like he had skate guards on the blades and there were no edges at all.

I assumed he was exaggerating and used mine the next day. There were no edges, I mean zero. I could hardly stand up, pulled my groin and quit before I really got hurt.

I did return to Tim’s the next day to ask for a refund but was refused. The Owner did offer to re-do them but it’s a bit like brain surgery … once the first one goes badly, you’re not apt to give them a chance to tinker again. Never again for me.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2012
1794 posts
317 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
I just go to Sports Experts, but I'm not a professional so I don't know if they THE BEST. I find them pretty qualified. They have good training and you can choose within a good choice of sharpening.