Best Sports Management Program for Ontario Colleges

[OP]
Jan 30, 2016
72 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto

Best Sports Management Program for Ontario Colleges

Hi,

got accepted to Humber College for Sports Management (3 year program) and Durham College (2 year program). Did anyone study in either college/program? Any information would be helpful for picking a program. Leaning towards Humber College as it is an Advanced diploma versus a regular diploma when I come out.

Thanks in advance :)
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3481 posts
1259 upvotes
Woodbridge
Sorry, I don't have any specific knowledge of this program, but the advice I always give to people asking this type of question is to reach out to people working in the field and ask them. What type of job do you want to do with your sports management diploma? Find people doing that job and ask them whether or not the school you went to makes a difference in that particular industry. Twitter is a great way to ask this type of "cold call" question to people. LinkedIn as well.
Dec 15, 2015
692 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
My buddy took this at Brock, or something similar. Landed a bunch of interviews right away but the jobs all ended up with people with Law backgrounds ontop of the sports management side. Every single one of them lol The guy was no academic slouch either and was well connected in the sports community.

He opted to start a family instead of pursuing law school.