Request-A-Deal

Best store for when e-reader goes on sale?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2020 7:30 pm
[OP]
Jun 19, 2013
19 posts
15 upvotes
BC

Best store for when e-reader goes on sale?

I am looking to get an e-reader when it goes on sale (paperwhite kindle preferred or anything that has great integration with OverDrive).

Does anyone know when it's the best time to get them and which store would get me the max value (rakuten, email subscription discounts, etc)?
2 replies
Dec 16, 2006
572 posts
104 upvotes
Central Ontario
applecaprice wrote: I am looking to get an e-reader when it goes on sale (paperwhite kindle preferred or anything that has great integration with OverDrive).

Does anyone know when it's the best time to get them and which store would get me the max value (rakuten, email subscription discounts, etc)?
I don't believe that Kindle is integrated with Overdrive in Canada (it is in the U.S.)
From the Burnaby Public Library website:

Most of Burnaby Public Library's e-book collection is available through OverDrive/LibraryToGo. OverDrive maintains a list of library e-book friendly e-readers on their website. Most e-readers use e-ink technology, which is easy on the eyes and allows you to read even in bright sunlight. Some e-readers have illuminated displays that allow you to read at night, without a lamp. Please note that Kindle e-readers are NOT library e-book friendly with OverDrive in Canada.

Toronto Public Library states Kindle Fire is the only Overdrive compatible Kindle product.