Food & Drink

best tapanaki resturant in woodbridge area.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2015 8:56 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto

best tapanaki resturant in woodbridge area.

I'd like to take a few teens for dinner at one of these Chinese resturant where they cook In front if you. Any ideas?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
428 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Teppanyaki, first of all is not Chinese style cooking, but rather Japanese.

And yes, the two cultures are vastly different. Teppanyaki a style of Japanese cuisine that uses an iron griddle to cook food. The word teppanyaki is derived from teppan (鉄板), which means iron plate, and yaki (焼き), which means grilled, broiled, or pan-fried.

Personally, I enjoy going to Akasaka in Richmond Hill by Hwy 7 and Leslie. It can be salty if your chef is overzealous with the soy sauce, but you can always ask him to scale it back a little bit.

The other teppanyaki restaurant that isn't too, too bad that I've been to is Memories of Japan at Don Mills and Eglinton.

The one I prefer is Akasaka, the quality of service and food is better than Memories of Japan. Be sure to make reservations at either one before going as seating is limited in the teppanyaki area.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1241 posts
2258 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
we've been to Yangs at the little malls around Vaughan Mills. The food is good, a little more upscale priced. Make a reservation can be very busy.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
My bad with the spelling just haven't used that word much. But thabks ill be checking then Richmond hill one.