• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2019 8:52 pm
[OP]
Sep 9, 2009
9 posts
207 upvotes
Vancouver

Best Tasting Crackers

I host parties frequently and wanted to know what are some of the best tasting crackers.

One of our family's favourites is the Keebler Town House Original Crackers.

I think it is about $2 a box when it is on sale.
10 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14038 posts
4008 upvotes
GTA
I like Mary's Crackers but they are more expensive than lots of others
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8693 posts
2612 upvotes
Mississauga
SkyFlakes
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1075 upvotes
Just regular crackers or any?

Asian store has these sweet crackers and they taste insane, could eat a box in a sitting easy

If it’s just regular saltine crackers, nothing beats the packs of crackers you get when you buy soup somewhere. Not sure if it’s Zesta brand or premium plus
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4352 upvotes
Worth a look:

Call me boring but I grew up on Premium Plus. I definitely prefer the Canadian version (crispier/lighter/flakier) vs how they're made in the USA.

If I'm having more expensive cheese, gotta have Carr's from the UK.
May 28, 2012
11374 posts
3594 upvotes
Saskatoon
I think they changed how they make the Christies's Premium Plus saltines...they are no longer light and flaky. I bought the large box from Costco...so not sure if they are made in the same place as the smaller boxes from other grocery stores. I have since switched to President's Choice saltines...they are like the old Premium Plus and are individually portioned so keep fresh longer. They are imported from Italy and if you have PCO, you will likely get offers for PC crackers (I have, anyway).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5866 posts
1192 upvotes
Toronto
From this and the cookie thread made so close, I'm questioning OP's actual party hosting frequency.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1075 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote: I think they changed how they make the Christies's Premium Plus saltines...they are no longer light and flaky. I bought the large box from Costco...so not sure if they are made in the same place as the smaller boxes from other grocery stores. I have since switched to President's Choice saltines...they are like the old Premium Plus and are individually portioned so keep fresh longer. They are imported from Italy and if you have PCO, you will likely get offers for PC crackers (I have, anyway).
The premium plus ones at Walmart taste just as bad. They’re more thick, bland, less salty, more dry

The only good ones are the individual packed premium plus crackers
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1075 upvotes
No Frills wrote: From this and the cookie thread made so close, I'm questioning OP's actual party hosting frequency.
You’re right, they forgot the cheese
Jul 19, 2019
65 posts
55 upvotes
Vinta crackers. These are the bomb dot com; tastes amazing on its own, even better with some toppings. You can usually find it in a cracker variety bundle at costco, or you can buy them individually at your local grocery store (occaisionally goes on sale for about $2).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6292 posts
698 upvotes
BC
lambtronz wrote: Vinta crackers. These are the bomb dot com; tastes amazing on its own, even better with some toppings. You can usually find it in a cracker variety bundle at costco, or you can buy them individually at your local grocery store (occaisionally goes on sale for about $2).
I love Vinta crackers. Sometimes I take them to work to snack on.
That's my 2cents worth