• Sep 4th, 2019 6:26 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2018
787 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

best tasting flavoured beers

Hey guys

I'm going to lcbo soon and want to try out flavoured beers... I never had it... any suggestions? no grapefruit or malt/root beer like flavours (bleh)

I saw the commercial for bud light with their 3 flavours of orange, apple and lime... are they good?
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8623 posts
5563 upvotes
Toronto
raptors87 wrote: I'm going to lcbo soon and want to try out flavoured beers... I never had it... any suggestions? no grapefruit or malt/root beer like flavours (bleh)

I saw the commercial for bud light with their 3 flavours of orange, apple and lime... are they good?
They're probably artificially flavored and not very good. I'd recommend trying a quality wheat beer which have a natural fruity flavor such as Erdinger, Hoegaarden or Kronenburg Blanc. There are other better ones but those are the most subtle and crisp tasting I can think of off the top of my head
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7884 posts
4519 upvotes
Alberta
Tried the orange and it wasn't very good. You can smell a hint of orange but you can't taste it. Bud light lime is ok. Bud light Radler is probably the best one.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2283 posts
2090 upvotes
The apple one is the better of the 3. Has a more sweeter taste, and goes down real easy, if you're not into beers.
May 12, 2014
912 posts
564 upvotes
Markham, ON
Start with Fruli for strawberry and Belle Vue Kriek for cherry if looking for flavoured beers. These beers have been around for a long time.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3311 posts
2277 upvotes
Bobberts wrote: Start with Fruli for strawberry and Belle Vue Kriek for cherry if looking for flavoured beers. These beers have been around for a long time.
THIS. Also its a panty dropper... speaking from experience.... (also she's now my wife hahaha)
[OP]
Apr 20, 2018
787 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Bobberts wrote: Start with Fruli for strawberry and Belle Vue Kriek for cherry if looking for flavoured beers. These beers have been around for a long time.
will check these out... after reading riseagainstheman's post lol
riseagainstthemachine wrote: THIS. Also its a panty dropper... speaking from experience.... (also she's now my wife hahaha)
lmao ... gotta try this now
The Canterbury Tail wrote: Dubuisson's Peche Mel Scaldis. Gorgeous.
sweet... thanks for the suggestion
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1160 posts
831 upvotes
Calgary
Spoiled for choice lately for fruity beers, most craft breweries seem to have latched onto the idea. I picked up a handful of fruity beers last time I was at the liquor store... I'm partial to sours right now with the warm summer weather.
This was my favorite: https://store.collectiveartsbrewing.com ... -hop-sour/
Followed by this: https://untappd.com/b/muskoka-brewery-y ... 19/3205443
I'd try a few beers from either of those breweries, they're 2 of my favourites right now (despite the fact that they're from Ontario and I'm in Alberta).

The 2 Innis & Gunn ones I tried (Mango and Passionfruit) I could take or leave.

Definitely stay away from the Bud Light junk.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2018
787 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Strider wrote: Spoiled for choice lately for fruity beers, most craft breweries seem to have latched onto the idea. I picked up a handful of fruity beers last time I was at the liquor store... I'm partial to sours right now with the warm summer weather.
This was my favorite: https://store.collectiveartsbrewing.com ... -hop-sour/
Followed by this: https://untappd.com/b/muskoka-brewery-y ... 19/3205443
I'd try a few beers from either of those breweries, they're 2 of my favourites right now (despite the fact that they're from Ontario and I'm in Alberta).

The 2 Innis & Gunn ones I tried (Mango and Passionfruit) I could take or leave.

Definitely stay away from the Bud Light junk.
ooo sounds intriguing
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19711 posts
3769 upvotes
Toronto
raptors87 wrote: how is that flavoured beer?
It has a nice orange flavour to it that other beers don't have

Also it literally says 'flavoured beer' on the box, lol
Mar 16, 2009
176 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Lots of berry and other fruit influenced sours or wheat ales from local craft breweries such as Shacklands and Amsterdam.

Ridiculous some would actually mention macro conglomerate crap from Bud or Kronenberg. Need to get out more.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
4450 posts
3023 upvotes
Side Launch Wheat - Like the LCBO says "crisp flavours of freshly squeezed citrus fruit, banana and clove".

Very refreshing beer during the hot summer weather.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7052 posts
1856 upvotes
Muskoka Brewery Tropical Wheat is delicious. Tastes like mango and passion fruit.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6804 posts
3713 upvotes
Vancouver
raptors87 wrote: how is that flavoured beer?
You should try it, I find it very refreshing. Yes, it literally says "Flavoured Wheat Beer - Fresh & Fruity" on the box, lol
[OP]
Apr 20, 2018
787 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Here what I bought so far

Update: so far I tried moosehead grapefruit Radler and bud light apple ... I like moosehead over bud light .... bud light barely have an apple taste
Images
  • image.jpg