Travel

Best Taxi or Limo to Toronto's Pearson Airport?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2017 8:34 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2009
1 posts
Toronto

Best Taxi or Limo to Toronto's Pearson Airport?

Whats the best choice for taxi or limo to the airport in the GTA?
I actually live in the burlington oakville area and their rate is $56.00 which is allot cheaper then the other companies i checked with.
I found a few companies on google and Aeroport Taxi and Limousine looks like the most reputable choice, it says they've been in buiness since 1968 and are definetly the cheapest.
Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone used them?
Their site is:
www.aeroportaxi.com
19 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2592 posts
2784 upvotes
Oakville
The big ones are all government regulated so they're very similar in terms of price and service.

When I was flying weekly I would take Air Flight every Monday morning to the airport (http://www.airflightservices.com/) and I would take whoever was hanging around the Limo stand home on Thursday evening. For some reason it was almost always those Aero Port guys.
Aug 13, 2006
368 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
Always keepin minda that in order to get a good price you have to book in advance as oppose to trying to pick it at the limo stop at the airport. If you need both ways you can prepay to most reputable limo companies to get a huge discount.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10119 posts
3286 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: The big ones are all government regulated so they're very similar in terms of price and service.

When I was flying weekly I would take Air Flight every Monday morning to the airport (http://www.airflightservices.com/) and I would take whoever was hanging around the Limo stand home on Thursday evening. For some reason it was almost always those Aero Port guys.

Rates are only regulated FROM the airport nit to.

aerofleet is the cheapest and does online quotes + free wake up call.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9014 posts
2919 upvotes
Mississauga
I always use Aerofleet.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
May 28, 2004
552 posts
328 upvotes
I've used Aeroport Taxi to get to Pearson a few times and I've never had a problem. The only potential off thing is that I've often been picked up by a minivan. From my area, Aeroport Taxi's quote is $5 less than Aerofleet - check to see where you'll get a better deal.
Nov 1, 2005
339 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
I've taken Aeroport twice and their prices were always cheaper compared to others. I never had a problem with them. A minivan picked me up as well but I didn't care as long as I got to the airport that was fine with me.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2009
1107 posts
577 upvotes
I always use aeroport as they are cheapest for me. When I travel home from the airport, I'll grab whichever taxi is available. I just took aerofleet today to return home and it was $5.00 more expensive than my trip to the airport with aeroport.
Mar 21, 2006
398 posts
1 upvote
I recently used Limo service from LimoGuy. They were the cheapest for my area. Booked both ways. Flight was after the freezing rain storm in March and I was a bit nervous about a no show. They showed up on time and drove us really carefully to the airport since the roads were very slippery. I was picked up in a Lincoln Town car.

Call them on 647-716-5466. I have referred my family and friends and they were all very happy with their service.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7321 posts
287 upvotes
Scarborough
Check today's Web Piggy deal of the day - $32 for 1 way but I think they only do airport drop-offs.
Aug 8, 2011
1 posts
MISSISSAUGA
There are more companies which provide airport transfer to Toronto Pearson International and Porter Airlines (Toronto Island Airport) you can check with them they have executive vehicles and can give you much better service and rates. You can google them or i can list some they have websites and they have online rate calculator where you can enter your address and it can provide you with the rate.
www.gtalimousineservice.com
www.airporttaxigta.com
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4565 posts
1937 upvotes
Durham Region
GangStarr wrote: Rates are only regulated FROM the airport nit to.

Rates are regulated for GTAA-licensed taxi/limos only, if I remember. They don't TO the airport, you're right, but most companies will usually give you the GTAA flat rate or lower if you ask for it. It's a good guideline to use.

Many non-GTAA taxis will only do metered trips, which can sometimes cost you more than a flat rate with one of the Airport Taxi/Limo companies.
Mar 28, 2010
929 posts
466 upvotes
GTA
I've used aeroport taxi multiple times, no troubles and I find they have one of the best prices for to/from downtown.

As an aside, do you guys tip on top of the flat rate?
Nov 1, 2005
339 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
kevinyvr wrote: I've used aeroport taxi multiple times, no troubles and I find they have one of the best prices for to/from downtown.

As an aside, do you guys tip on top of the flat rate?

My last trip to the airport was $40 flat rate. So I gave the driver a $5 tip. I wasn't sure how much to tip so I just gave him $5 extra.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9014 posts
2919 upvotes
Mississauga
Thats how much I pay with Aerofleet - $40 plus $5 tip. Going home no matter which cab company is always more for some reason.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Nov 1, 2005
339 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote: Thats how much I pay with Aerofleet - $40 plus $5 tip. Going home no matter which cab company is always more for some reason.

I believe its because rates are regulated from the airport to your destination which sucks.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16760 posts
2433 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:
aerofleet is the cheapest and does online quotes + free wake up call.
i used them too - no problems.

Come to think of it, I haven't had trouble with ANY limo company in the yellow pages. They all seem pretty professional... price was simliar.

Usually you'll get a discount going TO the airport. Coming back is standard.
Dec 11, 2008
918 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
[quote="coolspot" post_id="15135384" time="1343933423" user_id="31201"]i used them too - no problems.

Come to think of it, I haven't had trouble with ANY limo company in the yellow pages. They all seem pretty professional... price was simliar.

I thought so also so I tried this company based on a web posting. I liked that they quoted rates on their website and provided email confirmation of pick-up times, however when I received my email confirmation the rate did not match their website. On the morning of the pickup no one arrived. I waited 15 minutes and called. It seemed like I was getting someone out of bed. When I explained that no one showed to pick me up they said they would call the driver and then call me right back. He did not call back. No one arrived. After 30 minutes in desperation I called a local taxi that showed up in 10 minutes and saved my trip. On the way to the airport I continued to call Pearson Airport Limousine to see what happened but no one answered the phone. As I was checking in to the airline someone finally picks up. I explain that no one arrived at my email confirmed address and pickup and asked what happened. They responded "so why are you calling us if it is an hour past your pick-up?”

In 30 years of business and personal travel I have never had a limo not show up. Scheduled pick-up is the only reason I use airport limos versus relying on a taxi to be available. Pearson Airport Limousine is the most unreliable and unprofessional service I have ever encountered. They left me stranded, risked my trip, never apologized, and was rude when I asked why no one arrived or called.

BEWARE.

Does anyone know of an organization or licensing body that I could file a complaint with?
Jan 13, 2017
1 posts
Yes I used Aeroport Taxi & Limo Services three times. It was only $48 from Oakville to Pearson.