[OP]
Jun 4, 2015
142 posts
125 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

Best time to buy an F150?

Hi all,

I’m in the market for an F150.

My only criteria is that finance rates need to be at 1.99% or lower on 72 months. They’re currently at 2.99%.

When does Ford generally offer the most lucrative interest rates on their trucks?

I understand this is a refresh year, and Covid could also change things.

Is it fair to assume mfr rebates are still available if interest rates drop at all?

Cheers
10 replies
Aug 9, 2018
48 posts
45 upvotes
London
From what I have read, finance deal is usually in winter, end of year (both rebate + interest reduction). Cash deal is employee pricing in summer (high interest rate for financing).
Nov 5, 2006
258 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
From my experience, every month is “truck month”. If they don’t give you the lower interest rate, perhaps they’ll put more cash on the hood.

On a side note, zero percent interest is just a ploy anyhow.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1445 posts
1860 upvotes
Its always the same price. If they lower interest rates they give less discounts. The more discounts the higher the interest rates.
Better to purchase at more discounts and higher interest rate IMO.
Nov 5, 2006
258 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
topcheese wrote: Ya, I know the dealership makes their money either way. But since discounts are light right now anyways I was hoping to stack them.

Why do you prefer more $ discount, but higher interest rather then vice versa?
Just find the ideal total cost (with financing and taxes) that you’re wanting to pay and try to obtain that from a dealer. Interests rates and rebates go up and down, but at the end of the day if you get the payment you’re after on the vehicle you want what does it matter?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1445 posts
1860 upvotes
topcheese wrote: Ya, I know the dealership makes their money either way. But since discounts are light right now anyways I was hoping to stack them.

Why do you prefer more $ discount, but higher interest rather then vice versa?

Because even if the monthly payments are the same, the balance you owe will always be lower. Thats a plus if you sell/trade your car before its paid off.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16803 posts
18500 upvotes
Oakville
Not right now, but it's only going to get worse. Right now vehicle production is very low due to silicon chip shortages. Event the F150 plants are having shut downs, so supply will be lower than normal so they'll be less likely to give incentives.
You should look at getting a car loan another source like a bank. My buddy got 2% from his bank, RBC I think.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1800 posts
1708 upvotes
Toronto
In response to the title;

This is probably the worst time ever (literally ever) to be shopping for a F-150 in Ontario.

No supply = less discounts, less choice, more waiting time
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6745 posts
5499 upvotes
topcheese wrote: I agree... I’m ok to wait, but it depends on how long and how much $ will be saved .. I’m getting the idea though that nobody has that answer. Haha.
I assume you missed out last month's pre-order lease deal?

I didn't follow that closely but I read the people in the deal may get their truck in Aug or later. Just to give you a sense of the demand vs lack of supply.

For us in AB, seems like people who ordered back around Christmas are getting their trucks now, or you pay top $ on whatever models dealer got on the lot.

This is the worst I have seen... new F150, short supply, everyone can't go anywhere so they are all piling in top $ on trucks and RVs for summer staycation.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16803 posts
18500 upvotes
Oakville
topcheese wrote: I agree... I’m ok to wait, but it depends on how long and how much $ will be saved .. I’m getting the idea though that nobody has that answer. Haha.
Might be one year before production catches up. But if economy is booming, then demand may still outstrip it.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4174 posts
3297 upvotes
GTA
Right after major recall and before the next one is usually the best Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. They try to regain buyer's confidence by offering better deals.