• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2021 7:10 pm
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
185 posts
27 upvotes
EAST YORK

The best toilet recommendations

Hello- I have to remove my all three toilet from my house that was very old. Can you please recommend the best no clog toilet.
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5099 posts
4046 upvotes
The plumber I used recommended Kohler. I got the Highline model on sale last summer from Lowes.

You can't buy a clog free toilet. If you don't want clogs stop over stuffing it with toilet paper and putting anything else that doesn't belong in the toilet like tampons, wipes or other garbage even if it says it's flushable. Only thing that belongs in the toilet is human waste and reasonable amount of toilet paper.
Sep 2, 2005
776 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Toto Ultramax II
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
185 posts
27 upvotes
EAST YORK
Is there any good toilet in between $150-$300 range? OR little higher. Please also provide the Model number with name so I can check and order. What about American Standard toilet? Is this good or has issue due to cheap.
Temp. Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1652 upvotes
Clarington, ON
We have Kohler well worth.

My kid has plugged many toilets (how do they **** that big as such small creatures). He has not plugged the Well worth. $250 at home depot.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1486 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
shakilhyd wrote: Is there any good toilet in between $150-$300 range? OR little higher. Please also provide the Model number with name so I can check and order. What about American Standard toilet? Is this good or has issue due to cheap.
Toto Drake will be around that budget - replaced all 3 with it - pretty good
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
185 posts
27 upvotes
EAST YORK
Should we consider about Flush type (Single or double) OR about Bowl shape ?
Nov 18, 2019
211 posts
81 upvotes
GTA
shakilhyd wrote: Is there any good toilet in between $150-$300 range? OR little higher. Please also provide the Model number with name so I can check and order. What about American Standard toilet? Is this good or has issue due to cheap.
The toilets sold by Costco is not bad.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15114 posts
11598 upvotes
Tarrana
get the one with the streamlined bottom for quick and easy cleaning. Usually that means 1 piece.
May 29, 2012
552 posts
206 upvotes
Southern Ontario
jackpie wrote: American standard Cadet Pro

https://www.map-testing.com/map-search/ ... rch#result

Above is a list of flush ratings. FYI, get your toilets from a plumbing supply company, not Home Depot. Home Depot toilets are lower quality part numbers.

Stay away from dual flush and all that nonsense too
What this guy said.
I just bought one and the guy at the plumbing store told me this one is known at the unpluggable toilet because it has wider piping throughout the toilet compared to other brands. I also have a toto drake, flushes alright too but for the higher price I don't see the value, I recently replaced the toilet seat becasue the old one was peeling, $90 just for the seat. I could buy a whole house brand toilet from a big box store for that price.
Jan 21, 2011
810 posts
333 upvotes
GTA
Costco slow close toilet seat is a close match to American Standard and maybe others as well.
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
185 posts
27 upvotes
EAST YORK
Should we buy Toilet from Home Depot, Lowes, Reno or we should buy from any other place. Please provide the other location?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16733 posts
5294 upvotes
London
shakilhyd wrote: Should we consider about Flush type (Single or double) OR about Bowl shape ?
Single flush cause you can get repair parts everywhere
Comfort height, elongated bowl

American Standard Mainstream (HD) or Sonoma (Lowes). only 2" flush valve vs. Cadet (3"), but still very decent for the price (~$200)
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/americ ... ?rrec=true
https://www.lowes.ca/product/toilets/am ... gpf-638481
Jan 21, 2011
810 posts
333 upvotes
GTA
shakilhyd wrote: Should we buy Toilet from Home Depot, Lowes, Reno or we should buy from any other place. Please provide the other location?
Desco plumbing and heating, Noble trade are a few I am aware of. Also Mark’s Supply, location dependent.
Mar 10, 2004
762 posts
274 upvotes
jackpie wrote: American standard cadet
Yup thats what my plumbing instructor recommended also. Thats all i have at home. No issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
1842 posts
933 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jackpie wrote: American standard Cadet Pro

https://www.map-testing.com/map-search/ ... rch#result

Above is a list of flush ratings. FYI, get your toilets from a plumbing supply company, not Home Depot. Home Depot toilets are lower quality part numbers.

Stay away from dual flush and all that nonsense too
Do you have more information on the difference in quality and/or model number? And when you say HD do you mean them specifically or all large chain stores?

I note that the model numbers (like 215FA104.020) are present on the American Standard website and independent plumbing supply stores (but at much higher prices).