Health & Wellness

Best Tropical Cream for Hyperpigmentation caused by Acne?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2016 10:36 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1492 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto

Best Tropical Cream for Hyperpigmentation caused by Acne?

What's the best over the counter product for Hyperpigmentation which left due to Acne.

My dermatologist just tells me it will fade but will take time... but I want to do something to at least help the process go even faster.

Will appreciate any input.

Thanks in Advance

Bleachway~
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1661 posts
1234 upvotes
Ottawa
Ultraquin. Around $17-20.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18865 posts
6906 upvotes
Toronto
I use Polysporin. It helps fade faster. You can also use Tea Tree Oil
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3469 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
I use Polysporin - the Original Cream - never the ointment - only this one type. Note though that what works for one person will not work for another - skin type, allergies, reason for acne etc.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1492 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote: I use Polysporin - the Original Cream - never the ointment - only this one type. Note though that what works for one person will not work for another - skin type, allergies, reason for acne etc.
Interesting and you just apply it over the mark and you have seen it help with the Hyper-pigmentation?

It's one thing applying it to a fresh pimple that's been pop where the likelihood of leaving behind a pigmentation is high, but what about ones that are done and closed?

Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3469 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
Bleachway wrote: Interesting and you just apply it over the mark and you have seen it help with the Hyper-pigmentation?

It's one thing applying it to a fresh pimple that's been pop where the likelihood of leaving behind a pigmentation is high, but what about ones that are done and closed?

Thanks in advance.
In my case I am now able to use the Polysporin cream regardless of the stage of the pimple - during or afterwards.

But everyone has different skin - and reasons for the breakouts. Skin type, hormonal acne, allergy to a particular food or chemical (laundry detergent on pillow slips is a big one as are telephones that are pressed against the cheek).

I know other people that have had great results with the Polysporin cream and others who haven't. It is worth a shot but it does take some time. But if it does not work on your face there are other uses for the cream. I just wouldn't use the ointment.

I hope that you are able to find something that works for your skin at this particular time. Always remember that as the years pass and your skin changes that you may need to change products - based on your skin type and the continuous reformulation and/or discontinuation of the products that you do use.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
...you want topical, not tropical cream OP! :D
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6345 posts
1519 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hebsie wrote: ...you want topical, not tropical cream OP! :D
lol i was going to say this.

To OP, if you are willing to pay a little more, you can get Dark Spot Corrector by Khiels or similar higher end brands.