PC & Video Games

Which is the best value 27” monitor? Will be used for classic arcade racing and casual Sim racing

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2021 11:12 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3536 posts
316 upvotes

Which is the best value 27” monitor? Will be used for classic arcade racing and casual Sim racing

Is it necessary to invest in a 27” 120/144hz 4K monitor if I’m not a competitive racer?

If you say yes then which is the best value 120/144 model?

If you recommend something else then which 27” make/model do you recommend?

27” because it is the largest I can fit in an arcade racing cabinet and although I’m not a Sim racer, I wanted to leave the possibility open.

It seems a lot of competitive Sim racers recommend 1440p /144hz
2 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1861 posts
491 upvotes
toronto
27 is pretty small for a sim racing enthusiast. 34 curved ultrawide is what you want, the lenovo g34 posted on rfd many times is best value. do you have the graphics card to push the pixels?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3536 posts
316 upvotes
msz87 wrote: 27 is pretty small for a sim racing enthusiast. 34 curved ultrawide is what you want, the lenovo g34 posted on rfd many times is best value. do you have the graphics card to push the pixels?
For my application I can’t go wider, I’ll need a max size of a 28” monitor, but most of the content I will be playing is retro arcade racers and now I’m worried about how that would look on a 4K screen, I read that it depends on the scaler of the monitor but I have no idea how to tell what scaler the monitor uses.

This link contains the 3 x 4K 28” monitors in comparing, they all use the same label so I’m guessing they are all basically the same, the Acer can be up to $100 cheaper too, assuming I’m right that they are the same.

Is there anywhere on these specifications where I can see if the scaler they use is good so that my non 4K content is good?

https://www.displayspecifications.com/e ... 56dd146336