Computers & Electronics

Best Vita screen protector + case, and application of it.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2012 8:38 pm
[OP]
Feb 22, 2006
15 posts
2 upvotes
Chilliwack

Best Vita screen protector + case, and application of it.

Okay, so I've dropped like $40 on screen protectors for this beautiful machine and it's not because I'm scratching the hell out it...It's because I can't seem to get these things to go on with no dust/dirt under the protector.
SO to break it down I've gone through 2 hori's, and 4 of the official sony ones. I prefer the Hori's, but I'm really open to whatever works best. What would be freaking ideal would be a place locally (Chilliwack, BC) that could put this bloody thing on for me. It'll cost me less to just slip someone a 10 and the protector than for me to keep blowing through them. I've tried a microfiber cloth and a can of compressed air at the ready and by the time I actually get it on the screen and work out the bubbles, there'll be 1 or 2 grains stuck somewhere in the middle usually...bloody vexing.

In any case, I'm looking for recommendations on the best screen protector + case. Doesn't have to be hard shell, but I'd like to feel secure in sticking it in my bag and carrying it around. Let me know your opinions, thanks.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2217 posts
851 upvotes
Scarborough
You should use clear tape to get rid of any specs of dust. After you apply it, just peel a section of the screen protector off at the closes corner (use tape to take the screen protector off), then use another tape to remove the dust.
[OP]
Feb 22, 2006
15 posts
2 upvotes
Chilliwack
Holy crap, I owe you a beer good sir...that worked like a bloody charm. Now to decide on a case...
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1605 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
I liked the travel pouch... Now I'm trying to find one similar that is slightly larger for the times I'm lazy, and don't want to remove the grips I put on :P
[OP]
Feb 22, 2006
15 posts
2 upvotes
Chilliwack
Yeah, I was wondering if they've got one where you can keep the grips on it. As I considered picking up the grips also...as I hear good things.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3553 posts
999 upvotes
Toronto
If you ever find dust or you find that you applied it completely wrong and it's irreversible.

Simply wash the screen protector with soap and water. Remember the sticky side, and then reapply it. Of course, edging out the excess water and making sure it doesn't seep into the console.

It'll save you a bunch of money. Unless you fail and damage your system :/
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4494 posts
721 upvotes
... wtf hori should be the easiest to apply. I just order the cheap screen cover on ebay like 3 dollars. like another member said use tape to remove dusty but serious as long as it isn't on the screen I dont care if there's bit of dust trap in the sides

applying in the washroom after a shower helps because it reduces the dust

for case I when with a pelican 1060 and use my own foam. if you want the PS Vita pelican 1060 prepare to drop like 80~

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7162/6766 ... 5a15a6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://pspstrana.ru/uploads/posts/2012- ... vita-5.jpg[/IMG]

http://gbatemp.net/threads/deciding-on- ... es.336056/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)