Computers & Electronics

Best VPN for iptv (carrytel throttle issue)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2019 12:07 am
[OP]
Oct 3, 2012
197 posts
35 upvotes
GTA

Best VPN for iptv (carrytel throttle issue)

I have Carrytel isp and like others on this forumhttps://forums.redflagdeals.com/iptv-carrytel-not-working-wel-2231627/10/
I am being throttled while watching iptv. My speed is 75/10 and with my Android box behind my VPN (Private Internet Access) I am getting speeds of 5-10mbps down on the Toronto server and it does not seem to be enough for iptv.
Can anyone here suggest a fast VPN for iptv and what your tested speeds are with your android box?
FYI I have an A95X-F1 and use Canada Cord Cutters.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1054 upvotes
Whopper wrote: do any of the reviews mention "works well with iptv on carrytel"? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
That's quite specific. Personally, I have never even heard of carrytel.

Basically, the rule of thumb is to try the VPNs before you commit.
[OP]
Oct 3, 2012
197 posts
35 upvotes
GTA
sheyenne wrote: That's quite specific. Personally, I have never even heard of carrytel.

Basically, the rule of thumb is to try the VPNs before you commit.
Its a pretty popular ISP here on RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1436 posts
499 upvotes
surfshark, vpnac, pia
are we there yet?
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12886 posts
4104 upvotes
ppl who are on carrytel say its not a thorttle issue, it's a capacity issue with their backbone

are you getting slow speed all the time or only during certain period?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4164 posts
3097 upvotes
Ontario
If carrytel throttles it would be everything not certain networks addresses. That is illegal in Canada. I heard in another thread they tend to throttle a lot of people after certian mount of bandwidth usage, etc.

Either way a VPN will not fix this.
---
Jun 12, 2015
49 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
What are some good IPTV providers with canadians and possibly with franco-canadians channels? Im just getting into this now but ive heard there has been a big bust and now most IPTV providers arent even reliable since. Ive been with carrytel for a month, so far so good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)