Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes

Best Way to Browse Deals on RFD?

lately i have been browsing RFD forum on a daily basis again..just curious what is the most efficient way to check for deals?

Usually, I like to browse the comp/elect/games section daily. Maybe apparel/fun once a week.

What really throws me off is not being able to access each categories under Hot Deal forum easily. To get to the categories after browsing each thread I normally have to hit Forum then to hit the category of my choice until i see the desired deal threads...which is a cumbersome process after looking through a few deals.

Is there an easier way to do this? I have never set up RSS feed so would that be something feasible that would send me updates on the latest threads from a deal category?

How is the Deals page/Home Page in terms of delivering up-to-date info from the forums? I want an overview of the deals, but not only ones specific to my city (trying to find an option that's Canada wide). Also, I would think sponsors like NCIX/Dell would often show up on the deals/front page more often/quicker, no?
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1176 posts
527 upvotes
I just go on the google reader website and added it as an RSS feed. Now I skim every single RFD forum post so I never miss a deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
bump
finally got rss feed to google reader for my android
i subscribed to the hot deals forum but I still get people's BST threads..how I do I remove them???

Also, is there a way to sort the feeds by categories? ie comp...apparel etc
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11032 posts
2417 upvotes
Kingston
twitchyzero wrote: Usually, I like to browse the comp/elect/games section daily. Maybe apparel/fun once a week.

What really throws me off is not being able to access each categories under Hot Deal forum easily. To get to the categories after browsing each thread I normally have to hit Forum then to hit the category of my choice until i see the desired deal threads...which is a cumbersome process after looking through a few deals.

Go to Hot Deals
Click on "Thread Start Date" in the red row immediately above the posts. This will give you all deals in order of posting so all the new deals will be at the top of the list.
Save this as a bookmark so you can open this pre-defined view whenever you want to check.

If you want to create a similar electronics only view:
Go to Hot Deals
Find an item with the "Elect" category. Click on "Elect"
Click on "Thread Start Date" in the red row immediately above the posts. This will give you all deals in order of posting so all the new Electronics deals will be at the top of the list
Save this as a bookmark so you can open this pre-defined view whenever you want to check.
Repeat above for any other categories you like.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
JWL wrote: Go to Hot Deals
Click on "Thread Start Date" in the red row immediately above the posts. This will give you all deals in order of posting so all the new deals will be at the top of the list.

If you want to create a similar electronics only view:
Go to Hot Deals
Find an item with the "Elect" category. Click on "Elect"
Click on "Thread Start Date" in the red row immediately above the posts. This will give you all deals in order of posting so all the new Electronics deals will be at the top of the list
Repeat above for any other categories you like.

thanks for the bookmarking idea
hoping others can chime in regarding how to remove BST threads from my RSS feed...and whether or not it's possible to still sort by categories there.
I'm using google reader on adroid.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
bump
still trying to figure out how to sort the following feed by hot deal categories

"RedFlagDeals.com Forums - Hot Deals".