• Apr 5th, 2021 9:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11381 posts
2393 upvotes
Durham Region

Best way to watermark photos for free?

Looking for a free option that doesn't plaster its ad all over the image... Assuming there is one out there.

I'll take photos for my business once in awhile and want to place my watermark diagonally over the image in a tile pattern, only thing is every option off a website at least asks for some sort of premium option to download the image. Yes I could use the windows snip tool to grab it but would rather just a simple solution that could apply a watermark template to images in bulk if possible.

Thanks for any advise or input.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6188 posts
2708 upvotes
Debtario
All you need is any image editor that supports layers (Paint.net, GIMP, etc.) , have a layer of repeating text and put it over top of the picture and turn down the opacity on the layer with the text. Save the image as a "flattened" image and BAM! watermarked. Just from a quick google search there are also browser extensions that do the job.

How many images do you want to process? Do you have photoshop or lightroom? You can do batches there, maybe run them as a trial if you have a whole bunch to do at once, then use a free method for each image thereafter.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"