Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Best Western Mastercard] 60K Rewards Points after $2000 Spent NO Annual Fee

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2019 9:58 pm
Jul 25, 2003
557 posts
1800 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Western Mastercard] 60K Rewards Points after $2000 Spent NO Annual Fee

Expiry:
July 10, 2016
I've got this offer in my email today. I've signed up for this deal in 2012 (churned in the same year), and haven't seen them offering this for while. Spending $2000 in 3 month may be harsh for some people, but for me, it's doable, so I think this is great deal. I didn't see anywhere in the T&C about previous customer not being eligible, so I just signed up again. The points NEVER EXPIRE, so I know this points will come handy someday when I travel. Here's the information on the offer from the email and the LINK

priority code DAAQ19

Take advantage of this special limited-time offer for new cardholders and earn up to 60,000 Best Western Rewards® points. Sign up for the Best Western Rewards MasterCard® credit card and if approved:

• Get 20,000 bonus points†† after your first eligible purchase--that's already enough points for at least ONE FREE NIGHT**
• Spend $1,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening and get an additional 20,000 bonus points†† OR
• Spend $2,000 or more within that same time frame and get a total of 60,000 bonus points††

With 60,000 points, you could get as many as 7 free nights (a whole week!) at some Best Western hotels or up to $225 in gift cards.**

But hurry--this offer expires on July 10, 2016. Thank you for being a member of Best Western Rewards and we look forward to welcoming you again at one of our hotels very soon!

†† To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer and the account must be used within the first 90 days of account opening for at least one or more transactions that are not subsequently rescinded, the subject of a charge back request or otherwise disputed. 20,000 bonus BWR points will be awarded if eligible transactions total less than CDN$1,000; 40,000 bonus BWR points will be awarded if eligible transactions total between CDN$1,000-$1,999.99; and 60,000 bonus BWR points will be awarded if eligible transactions total CDN$2,000 or more. In each case, all eligible transactions must occur within 90 days of account opening. Please allow 150 days from the account opening date for the bonus BWR points to be posted to your points account. Limit one-time bonus point offer (no cash value) per new account. This promotion is offered by MBNA and Best Western and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice.
703 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2003
1062 posts
160 upvotes
Can you give some details on how many nights 60K points actually gets you?
It says "as many as 7 free nights"
It looks like different hotels cost different amount of points.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Interesting. Will take a look. Never considered this but the free nights could be good for Florida next March.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1524 posts
1167 upvotes
Mississauga
can we get rfd$, or ebates, gcr...?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
2297 posts
2777 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Was thinking the same thing but the referral codes used by rfd ebates gcr are different than the one used to get the 60000 points. Don't think that we can combine but would like to know for sure as well.
Jan 17, 2010
962 posts
468 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
dealtaker wrote: Can you give some details on how many nights 60K points actually gets you?
It says "as many as 7 free nights"
It looks like different hotels cost different amount of points.
Up to 7 free nights means you can probably get maximumly one night decent hotel, and not 5star usually, in any major cities.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: What's worth more, 60K of these points, or 50K in Marriott points?
I thought you could got both.
Simple is the best.
Jul 25, 2003
557 posts
1800 upvotes
Vancouver
Value of the pointa really depends. I've used points to stay in Paris last time they had this promo. Between me and my wife we had 120k (they do allow points transfer) and used it to stay in 5* Premier Best Western Premier Opera Diamond for 3 nights. It was 36k/night. It would of cost us close to 1000 Euro for it. We go paris every year so next year I'll be using these points.
Jul 25, 2003
557 posts
1800 upvotes
Vancouver
Jon Lai wrote: What's worth more, 60K of these points, or 50K in Marriott points?
I have Marriot too... Personally I value this BW 60k higher in value than marriott 50k... but why compare when u can get both. Plus this has no annual fee.
Aug 21, 2014
662 posts
360 upvotes
Does anyone know if I can sign up for a credit card if I am already a secondary cardholder on that card?

For example, my wife has this card and I have an additional card on her account. Can I sign up for this card or should I cancel and then re-apply myself in 6 months?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
2297 posts
2777 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jetsfan69 wrote: Does anyone know if I can sign up for a credit card if I am already a secondary cardholder on that card?

For example, my wife has this card and I have an additional card on her account. Can I sign up for this card or should I cancel and then re-apply myself in 6 months?
You should be able to sign up and get the deal too as you are not primary card holder. No need to cancel the secondary card on your wife's account either.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Don't you get 40,000 best western points just for signing up for the card any making any purchase?

In any case I can't get this deal because I don't spend $2000 in 3 months, unless there's a way I can pay my mortgage with this.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
figured there's nothing to lose as I just cancelled my marriot card. applied & was approved. thanks op
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
BeapChastard wrote: Don't you get 40,000 best western points just for signing up for the card any making any purchase?

In any case I can't get this deal because I don't spend $2000 in 3 months, unless there's a way I can pay my mortgage with this.
as far as i understand, its 20k pts on sign up, extra 20k pts on $1000 spending within 90days & another 20k pts if its $2000 thereby making it a possible max bonus 60k pts ;)
Apr 22, 2013
25 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
BeapChastard wrote: Don't you get 40,000 best western points just for signing up for the card any making any purchase?

Use Plastiq. You probably can find your bank there and pay them
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3978 posts
4234 upvotes
silly question: for travel reward redemptions ....are the points limited to Best Western hotels only? i..e can't redeem for other hotels or flights?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
pongster wrote: silly question: for travel reward redemptions ....are the points limited to Best Western hotels only? i..e can't redeem for other hotels or flights?
check the best western rewards page out. it'll answer all your questions ;)