• Jul 20th, 2019 12:18 pm
[OP]
Apr 29, 2015
118 posts
52 upvotes
Kanata, ON

Best Western Status Match

Deal Link:
So status matching is new to me, and I noticed that in the case of Best Western, there is no particular rigor to their process... I am Bonvoy Gold and they gave me Diamond status at BW just by completing the linked form. No proof was requested... I assume if you said you were Platinum Elite that would be good enough for BW...
11 replies
Jul 30, 2018
67 posts
47 upvotes
insightcreative wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 5:18 pm
So status matching is new to me, and I noticed that in the case of Best Western, there is no particular rigor to their process... I am Bonvoy Gold and they gave me Diamond status at BW just by completing the linked form. No proof was requested... I assume if you said you were Platinum Elite that would be good enough for BW...
Thanks! Completely forgot to do this!
Jun 16, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
I did this but it tells me a representative will be in contact with me shortly... oop
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4485 posts
1199 upvotes
insightcreative wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 5:18 pm
Not a hot deal at all.

I have the highest BW status. Benefits are insignificant.

And I have stayed at 3 BW hotels.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1035 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto, ON
just got matched to diamond (Marriott gold).
they did ask me how many nights at marriott in the last 12 months but didnt ask for any proof.
i dont expect much for BW status, but i guess it is better than nothing.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2101 posts
341 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 12:22 am
Not a hot deal at all.

I have the highest BW status. Benefits are insignificant.

And I have stayed at 3 BW hotels.
I find it depends heavily on the hotel. Some Best Westerns are better about things like room upgrades than others.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2572 posts
934 upvotes
YUL/YVR
YMMV a lot / most of the Best Westerns throughout the States (and Canada?) only have one tier of bedroom. Only difference is whether it's a double, king, or accesssible room. It's not about whether they upgrade you or not, it's just that - there's nothing to upgrade to you.

I matched mine a few years ago, and was maintained at Diamond for 3-4 years even though I had 0 nights stay. Finally got downgraded to Platinum or Gold just these few months.

Like other said, the benefits are next to nil.
Aug 9, 2015
392 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
I status matched from Wyndham Diamond to BW Diamond earlier this year and they didn't ask any questions or require any screen shots.

As the others said, benefits are virtually non existent though,
But at what cost
May 28, 2013
361 posts
162 upvotes
Laval, QC
If you have lifetime (Platinum) Marriott status will they match the lifetime status as well?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2895 posts
2561 upvotes
Mordor
AdamKing wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 1:26 am
YMMV a lot / most of the Best Westerns throughout the States (and Canada?) only have one tier of bedroom. Only difference is whether it's a double, king, or accesssible room. It's not about whether they upgrade you or not, it's just that - there's nothing to upgrade to you.

I matched mine a few years ago, and was maintained at Diamond for 3-4 years even though I had 0 nights stay. Finally got downgraded to Platinum or Gold just these few months.

Like other said, the benefits are next to nil.
They really need to bring back the 60k MC promos. Been waiting for yrs
Mar 25, 2019
37 posts
48 upvotes
Thanks got my platinum elite on bonvoy as diamond select on BW. Not sure ill ever use it but good to match just incase.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22425 posts
8192 upvotes
I wonder if they'll match Hotels.com
I'm actually Gold there