Expired Hot Deals

Best Western Status Match

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2019 12:18 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Apr 29, 2015
158 posts
146 upvotes
Kanata, ON

Best Western Status Match

Deal Link:
So status matching is new to me, and I noticed that in the case of Best Western, there is no particular rigor to their process... I am Bonvoy Gold and they gave me Diamond status at BW just by completing the linked form. No proof was requested... I assume if you said you were Platinum Elite that would be good enough for BW...
11 replies
Jr. Member
Jul 30, 2018
116 posts
75 upvotes
insightcreative wrote: So status matching is new to me, and I noticed that in the case of Best Western, there is no particular rigor to their process... I am Bonvoy Gold and they gave me Diamond status at BW just by completing the linked form. No proof was requested... I assume if you said you were Platinum Elite that would be good enough for BW...
Thanks! Completely forgot to do this!
Newbie
Jun 16, 2018
7 posts
4 upvotes
I did this but it tells me a representative will be in contact with me shortly... oop
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4590 posts
1277 upvotes
insightcreative wrote: So status matching is new to me, and I noticed that in the case of Best Western, there is no particular rigor to their process... I am Bonvoy Gold and they gave me Diamond status at BW just by completing the linked form. No proof was requested... I assume if you said you were Platinum Elite that would be good enough for BW...
Not a hot deal at all.

I have the highest BW status. Benefits are insignificant.

And I have stayed at 3 BW hotels.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1157 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto, ON
just got matched to diamond (Marriott gold).
they did ask me how many nights at marriott in the last 12 months but didnt ask for any proof.
i dont expect much for BW status, but i guess it is better than nothing.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2123 posts
351 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: Not a hot deal at all.

I have the highest BW status. Benefits are insignificant.

And I have stayed at 3 BW hotels.
I find it depends heavily on the hotel. Some Best Westerns are better about things like room upgrades than others.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2738 posts
1097 upvotes
YUL/YVR
YMMV a lot / most of the Best Westerns throughout the States (and Canada?) only have one tier of bedroom. Only difference is whether it's a double, king, or accesssible room. It's not about whether they upgrade you or not, it's just that - there's nothing to upgrade to you.

I matched mine a few years ago, and was maintained at Diamond for 3-4 years even though I had 0 nights stay. Finally got downgraded to Platinum or Gold just these few months.

Like other said, the benefits are next to nil.
Member
Aug 9, 2015
435 posts
230 upvotes
Calgary
I status matched from Wyndham Diamond to BW Diamond earlier this year and they didn't ask any questions or require any screen shots.

As the others said, benefits are virtually non existent though,
But at what cost
Member
User avatar
May 28, 2013
386 posts
176 upvotes
Laval, QC
If you have lifetime (Platinum) Marriott status will they match the lifetime status as well?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3083 posts
2821 upvotes
Mordor
AdamKing wrote: YMMV a lot / most of the Best Westerns throughout the States (and Canada?) only have one tier of bedroom. Only difference is whether it's a double, king, or accesssible room. It's not about whether they upgrade you or not, it's just that - there's nothing to upgrade to you.

I matched mine a few years ago, and was maintained at Diamond for 3-4 years even though I had 0 nights stay. Finally got downgraded to Platinum or Gold just these few months.

Like other said, the benefits are next to nil.
They really need to bring back the 60k MC promos. Been waiting for yrs
Newbie
Mar 25, 2019
69 posts
79 upvotes
Thanks got my platinum elite on bonvoy as diamond select on BW. Not sure ill ever use it but good to match just incase.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25972 posts
11403 upvotes
I wonder if they'll match Hotels.com
I'm actually Gold there

Top