Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] [BestBuy.ca] [Amazon.ca] Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone Service $80 + $5/$10 per month. Save hundreds of $$$ each year

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 2:21 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 10, 2011
5164 posts
8027 upvotes
Montreal

[Staples] [BestBuy.ca] [Amazon.ca] Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone Service $80 + $5/$10 per month. Save hundreds of $$$ each year

Images
  • Screenshot (306).png
Last edited by Temporel on Nov 22nd, 2020 10:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
115 replies
Nov 12, 2017
254 posts
308 upvotes
Cambridge
Wouldn't it just be better to get Wireless Home phone from Zoomer (or Fido) for $10 a month plus a free device? That's a real wireless line that isn't using your internet
Aug 7, 2019
96 posts
189 upvotes
vancouver
What do you mean
Save hundreds of $$$ each year
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3647 posts
4211 upvotes
Toronto
Fongo is cheaper just get the adapter for $29, what's the point of this at $100.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1199 posts
347 upvotes
Ottawa
stizarch wrote: Wouldn't it just be better to get Wireless Home phone from Zoomer (or Fido) for $10 a month plus a free device? That's a real wireless line that isn't using your internet
Thats a bit misleading as all of these providers offering home phone require you to be a current sub to get it cheap enough to make it worth it. And then there's the $40-70 device fee for some. Which is only waived on a contract.

I was with koodo for their promo $5 price but after it went up to $20 I figured FPL is just worth the investment for no fee per month after.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3647 posts
4211 upvotes
Toronto
stizarch wrote: Wouldn't it just be better to get Wireless Home phone from Zoomer (or Fido) for $10 a month plus a free device? That's a real wireless line that isn't using your internet
that's a single device, home phones r usually a dedicated phone for the family or work that can be set up in every room.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 10, 2011
5164 posts
8027 upvotes
Montreal
beepbeepboop wrote: What do you mean
When compared to a regular Bell land line.

Please read the previous thread. :)
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 10, 2011
5164 posts
8027 upvotes
Montreal
brampton90 wrote: get ata and voip.ms
I personally use VoIP.ms + an ATA but Ooma is easier to set-up; kind of just plug and play.

There's a learning curve with VoIP.ms + ATA.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1174 posts
1282 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: Fongo is cheaper just get the adapter for $29, what's the point of this at $100.
Wihch adapter is $29?
Aug 7, 2019
96 posts
189 upvotes
vancouver
Temporel wrote: When compared to a regular Bell land line.

Please read the previous thread. :)
Wow! Had no idea home phone actually cost this much. I thought those cost $10/month max anywhere.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1534 posts
901 upvotes
NOYB
This thing is easier to set up than ata.

If you are comfortable with technology i recommend getting a regular ata. it's not that hard to set up. plenty of guidance online.

ofc, this is a great deal too :)
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms + Lucky Mobile + Public Mobile user* SPEND WISELY

Self banning from the PRC sub, after a member with civility was banned from it without reasonable cause since 11/09/2020
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1534 posts
901 upvotes
NOYB
simplypop wrote: Wihch adapter is $29?
Fongo's own adapter

https://www.fongo.com/home-phone/
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms + Lucky Mobile + Public Mobile user* SPEND WISELY

Self banning from the PRC sub, after a member with civility was banned from it without reasonable cause since 11/09/2020
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3647 posts
4211 upvotes
Toronto
simplypop wrote: Wihch adapter is $29?
they have an adapter you can purchase for $29 and you just connect it to ur modem and home phone.
Apr 16, 2019
402 posts
444 upvotes
Thanks OP Slightly Smiling Face
I like Ooma. Simple set up and good call quality and I got Ooma 4-Sensor Home Security Starter Kit for $99.99 at best buy Canada, see attached screen shot. If you need a basic security system for an Apartment/ Condo/ etc., it is only $25 more plus tax...
Images
  • Screenshot_20201013_211430_com.android.chrome.jpg
Jun 1, 2017
395 posts
255 upvotes
Mississauga
iMarketing wrote: Thanks OP Slightly Smiling Face
I like Ooma. Simple set up and good call quality and I got Ooma 4-Sensor Home Security Starter Kit for $99.99 at best buy Canada, see attached screen shot. If you need a basic security system for an Apartment/ Condo/ etc., it is only $25 more plus tax...
Do these sensors work outside the home if you don't subscribe to the ooma security service? Getting notifications on the app???
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4224 posts
1672 upvotes
Parry Sound
For about $5 a month (fees and taxes) you have unlimited calls to Canada, call waiting, call logs, voicemail, e911.

For another $10 you get unlimited calls to US and Mexico, caller ID, call blocking, spam blocking, mobile app calling from anywhere, additional voicemail features, call forwarding, secondary number, 3 way calling, and probably some other stuff I'm missing.

And for another $5 you get 500 minutes to 60 countries.

So for about $20 a month you can call the world. Or stick with the basic plan and call within Canada for around $5.

Home phone isn't for everyone but for those who need it, Ooma is a great deal, especially if you make a lot of international calls.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Nov 12, 2017
254 posts
308 upvotes
Cambridge
Nexzen wrote: that's a single device, home phones r usually a dedicated phone for the family or work that can be set up in every room.
We plugged the wireless phone phone adapter into the house, that made it so any old phone in the house would be able to use it.