[Bestbuy] Canon T6i DSLR package

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2017 10:11 pm
20 replies
Apr 7, 2016
59 posts
5 upvotes
Belcourt, QC
How is the review? Actually i am looking for a nice camera to take a photo of new born baby :)

Im just beginner , any consider?
[OP]
May 3, 2015
8 posts
10 upvotes
I am a beginner myself and I have seen very good reviews on the internet for this camera
Sep 4, 2014
662 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I thought this camera had bad auto focus especially during video. I might be wrong but I seem to recall something like this. Just make sure to double check that. Other wise ty OP for the deal :)
Jan 7, 2011
819 posts
291 upvotes
Get a 70D and you won't regret it over this on Kijiji
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Dec 17, 2014
662 posts
209 upvotes
monpo12 wrote: How is the review? Actually i am looking for a nice camera to take a photo of new born baby :)

Im just beginner , any consider?
It's a great beginners camera. The T2i was my very first camera and I loved it. Have since moved on to the 5D M series but it had a good run with me.l
I still think it's kind of expensive for the body and lens. Perhaps get the t5i body and buy the lens separately.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2389 posts
820 upvotes
I got Panasonic G7 for $799 which was a good price..Best Buy send me open box so they credited me 10% so it ended up being a great deal.

Now...this deal is great too. G7 is great for 4K video on a budget. I think this camera is great for photos.
Not sure if I should get this or not.

Thanks.
Jul 5, 2006
412 posts
221 upvotes
chrl120 wrote: It's a great beginners camera. The T2i was my very first camera and I loved it. Have since moved on to the 5D M series but it had a good run with me.l
I still think it's kind of expensive for the body and lens. Perhaps get the t5i body and buy the lens separately.
You can get the 55-250 mm lens from amazon for 199$ if you wanna go this route
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3480 posts
3578 upvotes
GTA
jojothejoker wrote: I thought this camera had bad auto focus especially during video. I might be wrong but I seem to recall something like this. Just make sure to double check that. Other wise ty OP for the deal :)
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/c ... lusion.htm
Video is good, but missing 60fps

If you're interested in video, the T6i is certainly capable, too, but it unfortunately lacks the increasingly popular 1080/60p frame rate, but otherwise the video quality is good and the touchscreen interface is very handy to adjust the focus point during video. And while the T6i does not have the Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology of the higher-end 70D and 7D Mark II models, its updated Hybrid CMOS AF III system and full-time autofocus during videos was quick and accurate.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2192 posts
1491 upvotes
If you're just starting out, always go used in my opinion!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2389 posts
820 upvotes
I second that....you always used for first DSLR or Mirrorless and you will fall into one of the 2.

- You will never or barely use it and be thankful that you did not waste money on new.
- You will get great use out of it and upgrade to brand new better camera.

Either way, you can sell your used gear. I bought my first A6000 at great price on Kijiji (when dollar was at par) and sold it recently for more than what I bought it for after using it for 2 years.
Used that fund to buy brand new Panasonic G7 for 4K video.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4978 posts
4134 upvotes
Edmonton
If video is the primary concern I would go with Sony or Panasonic. Canon uses such in efficient codes that even 1080p video is around 175MB/min of video. Canon 70d and 80d have great autofocus in video but it's not enough to overcome the hassle of dealing with giant files.

Not hating on canon, I have two canon DSLRs.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Mar 20, 2005
9 posts
3 upvotes
Alvord wrote: If you're just starting out, always go used in my opinion!
Not to derail the thread or anything but what would you recommend for those of us starting out? How far back would you recommend going in the Canon EOS Rebel linage?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5932 posts
2151 upvotes
Cornwall PE
The bag is crap, the sr-800 model. It will be a very tight squeeze getting the camera and the 255 lens in it if possible at all, it's about 2/3rds the size of previous canon bags offered with the bag/battery deals.
Otherwise it is a good deal imo even considering the bag.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5932 posts
2151 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Brea wrote: Get a 70D and you won't regret it over this on Kijiji
Actually the 70d package with 18-55 kit lens is only $1149 , add the 55-255 from amazon for $350 more price.
And the 70d bb open box with 18-135 lens was $999 on and a few times before boxing day that would of been an excellent buy.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4978 posts
4134 upvotes
Edmonton
km84 wrote: Not to derail the thread or anything but what would you recommend for those of us starting out? How far back would you recommend going in the Canon EOS Rebel linage?
T2i -T5i use the exact same sensor. T3i added a flip screen, t4i added a much more improved auto focus and touch screen. T5i added nothing significant, canon just repackaged the same camera under a new name.

I would personally go for t4i at this time. My first camera was a t2i and I loved it but the t4i upgrade in auto focus is worth going for it and the price difference isn't a whole lot on the used market.

The next step up is a 70D much better auto focus then 60d. In fact the auto focus is essentially as good as the 7D version 1. Which is too say that even in 2017 it's excellent.

Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4978 posts
4134 upvotes
Edmonton
If you guys are looking for bags just buy lowepro bags from eBay. Some people say they are knock-offs but I've brought from eBay and from Best buy and I can't tell the difference in quality at all. eBay has lots of models and at very reasonable price and I've bought three different models.

Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2192 posts
1491 upvotes
km84 wrote: Not to derail the thread or anything but what would you recommend for those of us starting out? How far back would you recommend going in the Canon EOS Rebel linage?
I recommend the T3I or the 50D. You can find it fairly priced used. If you want to go cheaper, even the T1i/ T2i! You can get VERY similar results.

Remember, its not all about the equipment, its how you use it. I used a kit lens for a long while before upgrading any lenses. The 18-55mm kit lens is a great universal lens to start on.

Hope this helps!
Sep 1, 2015
31 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Picked up the Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR Camera with 18-55mm IS STM Lens Kit from bestbuy for $730+ tax in Dec. I priced matched when Lens&Shutter was having a sale.