Bestbuy fido black friday contract

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2022 10:26 am
[OP]
Oct 31, 2020
28 posts
19 upvotes

Bestbuy fido black friday contract

Anyone else get screwed over by bestbuy/fido on their black friday deals on their phones + plans?

I went to get the pixel 7 for $9.50 + $ 40 plan for 25gb as well as the $250 gift card. I was told the total would come out to $49.50 before tax by the rep and figured it was a good deal. When reviewing the changes to my fido account I noticed that the monthly device cost were $39 and not $9.50 and there wasn't any showing of discounts anywhere on my account.

I've gone back and forth with Fido/Bestbuy at this point and they're just blaming each other, I had bestbuy print out the actual contract with what's supposed to be a $29.50 discount applied on the device monthly but it doesn't show up anywhere on my Fido account and any Fido rep is lost on what to do.

Figure i'll just return the phone and cancel the plan at this point, sucks that I might be too late to get the Iphone13 deal though.
3 replies
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22934 upvotes
Toronto
PhamWam wrote: Anyone else get screwed over by bestbuy/fido on their black friday deals on their phones + plans?

I went to get the pixel 7 for $9.50 + $ 40 plan for 25gb as well as the $250 gift card. I was told the total would come out to $49.50 before tax by the rep and figured it was a good deal. When reviewing the changes to my fido account I noticed that the monthly device cost were $39 and not $9.50 and there wasn't any showing of discounts anywhere on my account.

I've gone back and forth with Fido/Bestbuy at this point and they're just blaming each other, I had bestbuy print out the actual contract with what's supposed to be a $29.50 discount applied on the device monthly but it doesn't show up anywhere on my Fido account and any Fido rep is lost on what to do.

Figure i'll just return the phone and cancel the plan at this point, sucks that I might be too late to get the Iphone13 deal though.
Did you escalate this issue through the Live Chat team?

If they can't help, I would return everything as "buyers remorse" or contact CCTS

"If you’ve already contacted us and your concern hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, you can escalate it through our Live Chat team."

RESOLVE A CONCERN
https://www.fido.ca/support/resolve-a-concern

Unable to resolve an issue
If we haven’t resolved your Fido-related issue to your satisfaction, the CCTS may be able to help:

Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services (CCTS)

CCTS is an independent agency whose mandate is to resolve complaints of consumers about their telecom and TV services, and complaints of small business customers about their telecom services, free of charge. If you have a complaint about your telephone, wireless, internet or TV service, you must first try to resolve it directly with your service provider. If you have done so and have been unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, CCTS may be able to help you. To learn more about CCTS, you may visit its website at www.ccts-cprst.ca or call toll-free at 1-888-221-1687.
Destiny is all
[OP]
Oct 31, 2020
28 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks! gave this chat a try and they ended up getting it resolved fairly quick. Much faster than being given the run around on call and at store.
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22934 upvotes
Toronto
PhamWam wrote: Thanks! gave this chat a try and they ended up getting it resolved fairly quick. Much faster than being given the run around on call and at store.
Good you got it resolved without going back to the store.

I always try chat first to resolve any issues before calling. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Destiny is all

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)