Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Galaxy note 10.1 32GB $499 Pre-order

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2012 11:26 am
[OP]
Aug 16, 2010
401 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] Galaxy note 10.1 32GB $499 Pre-order

Hi All,

This is my first deal post so please go easy on me.

I think this is a hot deal considering that it's $499 for 32GB ($549 in US).
How many times do we canadians get items at lower price compared to US.

It's a pre-order and they will ship on Sept 26th.

I have been waiting for this tablet for several weeks now. And it's finally here!
I understand there are many negative reviews but most of them are about plasticky quality and lower resolution.
They rarely talk about the Wacom 1024 pressure sensitive technology screen, which is currently going for $999 on Wacom website (same technology, same screen resolution).

So enjoy and please thank if it helped you!

Link to pre-order page
69 replies
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
475 posts
36 upvotes
Yes, your info is helpful to me. Really its a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2676 posts
1313 upvotes
GTA
Xtyle86 wrote: It's a pre-order and they will ship on Sept 26th, however, the pre-order button is currently deactivated...

please thank if it helped you!

L]
I try to click and found Preorder button is activated But
Thanks button under your post is deactivated.....
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
[OP]
Aug 16, 2010
401 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
Preorder button is active!
Now, the waiting game begins...
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
This tablet is ugly, the resolution is low and it seems a little pricey... but I really want one!! The benchmarks show it to be the fastest tablet on the market, the pen is amazing and from the review videos I've seen, it never lags.
The $50 off is great, but there is no active preorder button. Was anyone able to preorder?
[OP]
Aug 16, 2010
401 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
Try firefox.
For some reason, IE doesn't work.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2011
1980 posts
271 upvotes
MONT-ROYAL
$500 to play angry turds?

i'd rather get a playbook! hehehe no seriously no contest.

you can get one heck of a laptop for $500, these tablet prices stink like the

Cheetahmen 2 lost levels kickstarter scam..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6651 posts
1304 upvotes
Mississauga
regular price, where's the hot deal?

plus the kindle fire hd and ipad mini (should) outprice/outspec it
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
CheeseDie wrote: $500 to play angry turds?

i'd rather get a playbook! hehehe no seriously no contest.

you can get one heck of a laptop for $500, these tablet prices stink like the

Cheetahmen 2 lost levels kickstarter scam..
I actually just DID get a great laptop for $450, but I don't plan on using them the same way. I actually want the tablet for drawing and reading comic books.

Longobongo wrote: regular price, where's the hot deal?

plus the kindle fire hd and ipad mini (should) outprice/outspec it
This tablet has a an overclocked Exynos quad core processor, 2 GB's of rm and a kick- ***** digitizer. The iPad mini and Kindle Fire will not out spec it and don't even have file managers, therefore they are useless for me and many others.

And the deal comes from this costing $550 for the 32GB in the US, so maybe Bestbuy will correct the price before launch and will be forced to honour the $500 price point.
Oct 4, 2008
277 posts
27 upvotes
London
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: This tablet is ugly, the resolution is low and it seems a little pricey... but I really want one!! The benchmarks show it to be the fastest tablet on the market, the pen is amazing and from the review videos I've seen, it never lags.
The $50 off is great, but there is no active preorder button. Was anyone able to preorder?
Really low resolution? cause there are so many HD 1080p and above tablets on the market right?

:facepalm:

just the acer and asus and ipad.. out of the many lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
1280x800 is better than iPad 2 but given my experience of iPad 2 it is pretty low. As it seems that AA technique(like ClearType) used on laptop is not used on tablet due to the rotational usage requirement. As a result, a large size tablet requires a relatively higher dpi for fonts to render smoothly(iPad 2 is brutal).
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2181 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal
Longobongo wrote: and ipad mini (should) outprice/outspec it
Funniest thing I've heard all week! :D
May 25, 2009
394 posts
99 upvotes
This isn't a tablet for everyone, it's a tablet for those who need/want the pen input. You can't really compare it to other tablets, because no others compare to it in terms of stylus usability. Personally, I have no use for this over a nexus 7, however people saying it's not worth it aren't looking at it for what it is, a good android tablet, and a great stylus device.
May 21, 2009
109 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
This is relevant to my interests! First tablet that holds the least bit of interest for me as a science/math type. Digitizer blows me away...and it even does recognition of math formulas :D

Don't give a crap about resolution and specs (I have a TV and PS3 for those), so this is very good news for me.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1124 posts
209 upvotes
YYZ
nothing beats the Asus Transformer Infinity IMO!
[OP]
Aug 16, 2010
401 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
As I said in the original post, when you compare this tablet to this one, you can tell that Samsung did not "cheap out".
Same resolution, same pressure sensitivity, $500 less + Android operating system.

If you ask me, I don't know how they priced it so low.
As someone mentioned, it’s not for everyone. If you want a high resolution tablet, go for Ipad. But Ipad got nothing on this one in terms of stylus usability and hardware specs.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2205 posts
590 upvotes
GTA
nah i figured out tablet is not for me... I would only consider to buy one to watch video, read pdf n manga for $200 10"
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
bunga wrote: This is one tablet I would not be excited about.

"The build quality is so bad, I think it gave me cancer."

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/21 ... oney-grab/
Ugh, this review greatly discouraged me. Not so much about the speed because many others are saying it's the fastest tablet out there, but because of the really poor quality back cover. I still might buy it, but I'll need to see what case options are available 1st.