Dec 9, 2010
131 posts
31 upvotes
Welland

Insignia Connect Compensation for wifi products

Deal Link:
Retailer:
BestBuy
As the Insignia Connect platform will be discontinued on November 6, 2019, this process will determine your eligibility for compensation for your eligible Insignia Connect products

Not sure I have posted this in correct place, came across this today and filled in lets see if I get anything for my 6 wall switches that had stopped working with google and alexa.

relates to
WiFi Smart Plugs
WiFi In-Wall Switch
WiFi Camera
WiFi Freezers
12 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12254 posts
6804 upvotes
Brampton
Ouch IIRC
That wall switch was just posted as a hot deal less than a year ago. I hope someone has a offline backdoor to use it.
Nov 16, 2015
620 posts
1149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
this is why i try and stick with the "best selling" smart devices. but even these can lose support one day.

i've made my bed with TP-link (kasa) hopefully they will support their devices for a while.
Dec 9, 2003
352 posts
160 upvotes
tebore wrote: Ouch IIRC
That wall switch was just posted as a hot deal less than a year ago. I hope someone has a offline backdoor to use it.
It will still continue to function as a regular switch and any schedules that have been set up prior to Nov will still function. Otherwise it will work as advertised on homekit but there will be no function via the Insignia app.
If you go through the page keep in mind that in order to claim, you will need to have the product serial number ready (which is annoyingly ON the device itself) and it will need to be registered and active on your account. If not, the website will not pick up the product. I just did this and even though mine was registered and active it didn't show up when trying to do it via the web. If you call in, they will be able to see it. If you do not have it active, they will ask that you send a picture of the product as there have been a lot of scams trying to claim the GC.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
131 posts
31 upvotes
Welland
janko023 wrote: It will still continue to function as a regular switch and any schedules that have been set up prior to Nov will still function. Otherwise it will work as advertised on homekit but there will be no function via the Insignia app.
If you go through the page keep in mind that in order to claim, you will need to have the product serial number ready (which is annoyingly ON the device itself) and it will need to be registered and active on your account. If not, the website will not pick up the product. I just did this and even though mine was registered and active it didn't show up when trying to do it via the web. If you call in, they will be able to see it. If you do not have it active, they will ask that you send a picture of the product as there have been a lot of scams trying to claim the GC.
I found the serial number using the insignia app, you are right to point out homekit still works through Apple but I find it drops them and I have to reregister them and google and Alexa will be gone. . Did they indicate to you what the refund amount will be? I purchased back in Jan 2018 approx. $25 each.
Dec 9, 2003
352 posts
160 upvotes
PCreighton wrote: I found the serial number using the insignia app, you are right to point out homekit still works through Apple but I find it drops them and I have to reregister them and google and Alexa will be gone. . Did they indicate to you what the refund amount will be? I purchased back in Jan 2018 approx. $25 each.
For the light switch you get a digital GC for $30 per switch
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2437 posts
1718 upvotes
Calgary
Has anyone actually received the gift card yet? I am slightly concerned they are going to send USD ones, which while higher value, will not be usable at Best Buy Canada.

Also, can confirm I spoke with an agent (one of my 8 serial numbers wouldn’t register on the claims website) and he confirmed the in-wall switches get $30 each. That part is sort of a win since I only paid $20 for most of mine (majority of my house is on Kasa so I will switch the Insignia’s to those since we use both Alexa and Homekit, so these Insignia ones are about to become a bit useless to me).
Oct 8, 2009
5 posts
1 upvote
I just received 2 eGift cards and both were "denied" when I took them into a BB here in Toronto. When I called the number provided in the email I was rerouted to a number that wouldn't accept my call because I wasn't calling from the US.
Apr 14, 2015
149 posts
42 upvotes
Regina, SK
tebore wrote: Ouch IIRC
Or use Zigbee or Zwave standard switches, even if they are more expensive. Wifi based smart home products are tied to the service provider.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1182 posts
851 upvotes
Whitby
I bought two of these switches from US Best Buy, does any one know should I submit via Canada or US claims?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1956 posts
482 upvotes
Mississauga
Submit in the country where you are cause the us card can’t be used in Canada and vice versa.
abshahul wrote: I bought two of these switches from US Best Buy, does any one know should I submit via Canada or US claims?