Expired Hot Deals

[BestBuy] Schwinn IC4 Spin Bike INSTOCK! @ 1,199.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 11:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2004
4958 posts
953 upvotes

Schwinn IC4 Spin Bike INSTOCK! @ 1,199.99

Deal Link:
Price:
1199.99
Retailer:
BestBuy
The Schwinn IC4 is back in stock for those still on the hunt.

Unfortunately it looks like they have increased their price to $1199,99. (still better than the 10 week ship time from Bowflex)

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sc ... e/13868851
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1428 posts
4120 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I was on the fence at $999 between this and the Echelon Connect Sport from Walmart. Couldn't wait for stock so I got the Echelon for $699 but ended up getting a $100 refund for their Black Friday price. Really glad I did now that the Schwinn increased in price to $1200. I'm sure demand drove up the price, but I really doubt the build quality is even better than the Echelon, and if it is it's not by nearly double.
Newbie
Sep 25, 2020
5 posts
Anyone want to buy mine in Victoria BC for $900? Used like 5 times. Not my thing. Only a few months old.
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2011
569 posts
418 upvotes
Brampton
Any of the bikes mentioned compatible with zwift? ie. has the necessary sensors, distance, cadence, power, etc?
Newbie
May 11, 2014
90 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Did you post it on Craigslist? I've sold an extra one previously very easily
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1428 posts
4120 upvotes
Calgary, AB
kaijujager wrote: Any of the bikes mentioned compatible with zwift? ie. has the necessary sensors, distance, cadence, power, etc?
The Echelon is compatible but you currently need two devices, one to run Zwift and the other to run an application which reads the bike's data points and sends them to Zwift. Note that this app also apparently works to bring your bike's data into Peloton.

The app is called qDomyos-Zwift:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 8sXpIGhGyw
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1543684531 ... pDvKxHMUaM
Last edited by blyndfyre on Jan 6th, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
Vic2005 wrote: Anyone want to buy mine in Victoria BC for $900? Used like 5 times. Not my thing. Only a few months old.
Try posting on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, they're really in demand right now with the shutdown of spin studios in BC.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4740 posts
5835 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does a $1000 exercise bike burn calories faster than a $100 exercise bike?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2003
4015 posts
1062 upvotes
kaijujager wrote: Any of the bikes mentioned compatible with zwift? ie. has the necessary sensors, distance, cadence, power, etc?
https://www.schwinnfitness.com/ic4/100873.html

Specifically
https://www.schwinnfitness.com/ic4-app-disclaimer.html
Ebay - 270 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 92 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5374 posts
1549 upvotes
Kanata
er34er34 wrote: Does a $1000 exercise bike burn calories faster than a $100 exercise bike?
The $100 bike doesn't let you participate with others, doing it with others is such a huge motivator. When running outside, I'm always happy when I find someone else running at my pace, it's a good 'if they can do it I can too' mentality.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2005
1184 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
kaijujager wrote: Any of the bikes mentioned compatible with zwift? ie. has the necessary sensors, distance, cadence, power, etc?
I have the IC4 and was able to connect it with Zwift and upload the data to my Strava profile. It showed the cadence, elevation, distance, avg power / max power, total work, calories burned and average speed.
R.I.P. Prodigy
Member
Aug 17, 2007
237 posts
195 upvotes
I went with the Echelon as well. Now that it's literally double the price I think the value proposition is even less for the IC4 but it is at least available... I never got my IC4 as I cancelled my order but I did a lot of reaearch. Potential other pros the IC4 are the heavier flywheel, adjustable handlebars (adjust forward and back, Echelon is fixed) and the resistance is easier to adjust (on the Echelon you have to turn the knob more than the IC4).

As someone else has mentioned, the Bluetooth for the Echelon has been figured out so the fear of being trapped in the Echelon app ecosystem is gone.
Newbie
Sep 18, 2014
41 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Have been waiting for this bike to be back in stock for some time now. The $999 would have been great but happy to finally pick one up.
Last edited by qwik23 on Jan 6th, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
May 23, 2020
98 posts
76 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: The Echelon is compatible but you currently need two devices, one to run Zwift and the other to run an application which reads the bike's data points and sends them to Zwift. Note that this app also apparently works to bring your bike's data into Peloton.

The app is called qDomyos-Zwift:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 8sXpIGhGyw
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1543684531 ... pDvKxHMUaM
So this third party app can 'hack' into echelon and get the output data then send it to zwift? There's no need for extra sensors or anything? If so thats sooooo great!!
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1428 posts
4120 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bubbleT wrote: So this third party app can 'hack' into echelon and get the output data then send it to zwift? There's no need for extra sensors or anything? If so thats sooooo great!!
I wouldn't say hack, but yes it can grab that data and send it to the Zwift and Peloton app. No additional sensors would need to be installed.

If you have an Apple Watch, it can even send over your Heart Rate from the Apple Watch as well if you run the app on iOS.
Newbie
May 23, 2020
98 posts
76 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: I wouldn't say hack, but yes it can grab that data and send it to the Zwift and Peloton app. No additional sensors would need to be installed.

If you have an Apple Watch, it can even send over your Heart Rate from the Apple Watch as well if you run the app on iOS.
Wow then this app is worth every penny of the $7.99!! Theres a whole community of people who got cadence sensor and speed sensor installed just to ride Pelton on their Echelon.
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2008
180 posts
77 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: Does a $1000 exercise bike burn calories faster than a $100 exercise bike?
Actually, you'd probably burn more calories on the $100 bike cuz it probably won't run as smooth as the $1K bike.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1428 posts
4120 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bubbleT wrote: Wow then this app is worth every penny of the $7.99!! Theres a whole community of people who got cadence sensor and speed sensor installed just to ride Pelton on their Echelon.
I'm pretty sure the developer is part of that group. The app was only recently released and I believe you can get the open source code from github.

Here is a video of him doing a quick demo with the app:

Top