Expired Hot Deals

[BestBuy] Schwinn IC4 Spin Bike INSTOCK! @ 1,199.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 11:18 pm
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2011
568 posts
418 upvotes
Brampton
blyndfyre wrote: The Echelon is compatible but you currently need two devices, one to run Zwift and the other to run an application which reads the bike's data points and sends them to Zwift. Note that this app also apparently works to bring your bike's data into Peloton.

The app is called qDomyos-Zwift:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 8sXpIGhGyw
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1543684531 ... pDvKxHMUaM
theinfamous wrote: I have the IC4 and was able to connect it with Zwift and upload the data to my Strava profile. It showed the cadence, elevation, distance, avg power / max power, total work, calories burned and average speed.
Thank you. Though it just confused me more lol. The app does seem like a “hack” that might be broken later on... the links were helpful, just so frustrating how others like rouvy has all the data while others are only select data... ugh.
Member
Dec 10, 2008
234 posts
116 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: Does a $1000 exercise bike burn calories faster than a $100 exercise bike?
Generally yes because it makes it a lot more enjoyable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2004
4942 posts
941 upvotes
There are multiple threads on echelon vs ic4 but in the end you get what you pay for. The arguement is mute. Everyone has their price point, choose the one that fits your budget.

A few things stand out, such as the resistance for example.. Peloton beginners start off at 30-50 resistance once you plateau are you going to upgrade the bike? You might want to factor in the upgrade cost. Second is the convenience factor on connectivity.

I agree it would be better if it was 999. But this is still better than the c6 price and what other place are selling for.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Member
Dec 2, 2010
270 posts
302 upvotes
Terrace
Now I'm happy I snagged it at $1000. This was going for $800 last January
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3351 posts
1421 upvotes
Vancouver
akz wrote: There are multiple threads on echelon vs ic4 but in the end you get what you pay for. The arguement is mute. Everyone has their price point, choose the one that fits your budget.

A few things stand out, such as the resistance for example.. Peloton beginners start off at 30-50 resistance once you plateau are you going to upgrade the bike? You might want to factor in the upgrade cost. Second is the convenience factor on connectivity.

I agree it would be better if it was 999. But this is still better than the c6 price and what other place are selling for.
The Echelon and IC4 resistance levels are not 1 for 1, so you won't 'grow out of' the Echelon. There are conversion charts for Echelon, Keiser, etc. to match the 100 on the IC4 and Peloton. Incidentally, I've read posts from IC4 owners that say that even their resistance levels don't match Peloton, even though both go to 100 (heavier on one end, lighter on the other).
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2004
4942 posts
941 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: The Echelon and IC4 resistance levels are not 1 for 1, so you won't 'grow out of' the Echelon. There are conversion charts for Echelon, Keiser, etc. to match the 100 on the IC4 and Peloton. Incidentally, I've read posts from IC4 owners that say that even their resistance levels don't match Peloton, even though both go to 100 (heavier on one end, lighter on the other).
yes that is correct. But when you factor in the fly wheel differences etc, the plateau factor is definitely there. As I said the price isnt for everyone and depends on your budget the argument has been done to death.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Newbie
May 23, 2020
96 posts
72 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: I'm pretty sure the developer is part of that group. The app was only recently released and I believe you can get the open source code from github.

Here is a video of him doing a quick demo with the app:
I tried it with Zwift, running pretty well! Thanks for sharing!! Now there's really nothing missing from my Echelon.
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3351 posts
1421 upvotes
Vancouver
akz wrote: yes that is correct. But when you factor in the fly wheel differences etc, the plateau factor is definitely there. As I said the price isnt for everyone and depends on your budget the argument has been done to death.
I think that depends on how it's designed/configured. My Keiser has an 8lb flywheel and, at it's highest resistance level of 24, I can barely pedal it. That's because it spins faster than the traditional heavy flywheel. I don't know the different setup between Echelon and IC4, but I don't think it's fair to say that someone will plateau out of the Echelon simply because its flywheel is lighter than the IC4's; it's a matter of how it's set-up.
Newbie
May 23, 2020
96 posts
72 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: I'm pretty sure the developer is part of that group. The app was only recently released and I believe you can get the open source code from github.

Here is a video of him doing a quick demo with the app:
Just saw he is indeed in that group!
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 2, 2008
1890 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
I was waiting forever for this to come back into stock. I passed on the Echelon, because I wanted something with a better build. I got tired of waiting and just pulled the trigger on the Keiser. I wanted the Keiser, but didn't want to pay the Keiser price. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes Thx anyway OP. Congrats to everyone that got one!
Jr. Member
Nov 14, 2011
120 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
dpvu wrote: I went with the Echelon as well. Now that it's literally double the price I think the value proposition is even less for the IC4 but it is at least available... I never got my IC4 as I cancelled my order but I did a lot of reaearch. Potential other pros the IC4 are the heavier flywheel, adjustable handlebars (adjust forward and back, Echelon is fixed) and the resistance is easier to adjust (on the Echelon you have to turn the knob more than the IC4).

As someone else has mentioned, the Bluetooth for the Echelon has been figured out so the fear of being trapped in the Echelon app ecosystem is gone.
You still don't show on the pelton leaderboard with this bike right?
Sr. Member
Oct 30, 2005
514 posts
99 upvotes
Montreal
Bluejay3 wrote: You still don't show on the pelton leaderboard with this bike right?
You need to have a peloton to be on their leaderboards.
Newbie
Nov 30, 2020
3 posts
Vic2005 wrote: Anyone want to buy mine in Victoria BC for $900? Used like 5 times. Not my thing. Only a few months old.
Is this bike still for sale? Very late but worth a shot.

Top