• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2009 5:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8465 posts
2130 upvotes
the last time that happened to me was at FS with the $30 infamous. They offered,without me asking or complaining, to pick ANY $70 game at the $30 price. I was okay with that.

When it happened at bestbuy they were going to honour it when it came in. never came so sent an inquiry if it could be filled from the website. manager called and said no, but he'd honour the price if they got another one, and he'd call as soon as they did. Never heard from them...but found stock on the shelf 6 weeks later. After considerable difficulty I got the price that I would have if they'd have had my pickup waiting.

They confirm my order...I expect it there if I go to pick it up, and them to fix it if it isnt.

3 days is, the day they tell you being day zero, the next day 1 day, etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
1100 posts
30 upvotes
shannn wrote: Don't quote me on this b/c I'm not familiar with BB's policy, but if you had an ISPU, and they sold it to someone else, then IMO you deserved a raincheque that would guarantee you the game for the price you were supposed to get it for (usually lasts for 30 days at most places)
The above is only true if you go within the 3 days provided to you to pick up your ISPU..if you wait more than the time allowed to do the ISPU the product usually goes back on the floor and can be sold to someone else .

I think the OP probably went after the time frame allowed to do the pick up .
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
1100 posts
30 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote: So today I went to pick up my copy of Dragon Age for ps3, but to my disappointment that the customer service rep told me that either it was never delivered to the store or they sold it to someone else. I got the email on 27 of november saying I could pick it up within three days but today is suppose to be the third day so I should be able to get it. So now I am piss because I wasted my time and gas, and almost 1hr of my time for no reason. They didn't have any more copies left. Should I send a compalant to the company?
How much was your ISPU price for Dragon of Age for PS3 from BB ?

Was it $ 39.99 ? ( Or was it less than that..what exactly was the promo price ? )

If that's the case its still @ BB @ that price so you can get a rainchek for it or go to WM or FS or Zellers or TRU to PM it .
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12635 posts
2056 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> Don't know why this thread is still going when it was answered in the first post.

Because dudes like you and me keep replying :cheesygri .
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2007
2233 posts
42 upvotes
I had a similar problem a month ago. Did an ISPU order for borderlands (when it was 39.99). They accidently held the XBOX360 version instead of the PS3 like I requested. They gave me a raincheque without me even asking.

When they give you a raincheque, they'll say that they will give you a call when it comes in stock. But they won't. They didn't give me a call. Luckily, I check stock on their website every few days and found it in stock one day (at which point I did another ISPU order :P).

To the OP, get a raincheque or go to another BB. There are plenty of copies of DA:O everywhere. And if you can't find one at BB, get a raincheque. They'll have more within a few weeks.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12224 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
zoro69 wrote:
They confirm my order...I expect it there if I go to pick it up, and them to fix it if it isnt.

3 days is, the day they tell you being day zero, the next day 1 day, etc.
thats what i thought too
tjthemanto wrote: How much was your ISPU price for Dragon of Age for PS3 from BB ?

Was it $ 39.99 ? ( Or was it less than that..what exactly was the promo price ? )

If that's the case its still @ BB @ that price so you can get a rainchek for it or go to WM or FS or Zellers or TRU to PM it .
it was 69.99 when i ordered it, the reason i didn't pm it was because i had store credit at BB and wanted to use it
Parth wrote:
To the OP, get a raincheque or go to another BB. There are plenty of copies of DA:O everywhere. And if you can't find one at BB, get a raincheque. They'll have more within a few weeks.
I will try that
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Dec 8, 2005
650 posts
22 upvotes
What price were you expecting to pay? $69.99 or $39.99?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12224 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
ChaoZ wrote: What price were you expecting to pay? $69.99 or $39.99?
I would asked for it to be 39.99 since its on there flyer
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
I assume that the day I order it is considered to be Day 1 and that I have 2 additional days to get to the store to pick it up. Not that's it safe to assume anything with BB/FS.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5729 posts
1526 upvotes
Mississauga
there are numerous occasions that i receive the email telling me my order is ready to be picked up...

i go on the SAME DAY and it's not there...

it's a total mess of how they find pickup orders...

so late or not late...you can't rely on instore pickup...it's a disaster of a service.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2029 upvotes
Nowhere
zod wrote: that being said.. i use FS ispu alot.. and its so much better then when it started. They used to always sell the ispu stuff. Now its under lock and key in a cabinet and only supe's have the key. That way floor staff can't sell it once its been pulled from the floor.
This method still isn't foolproof. I had an ISPU at FS and they couldn't find it. It was an item that was in demand and oos at many locations. When they couldn't find my order, they just gave me someone else's order waiting for pickup as they didn't have any more in store. I asked what happened when he comes in but they didn't care.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2737 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
Ojam wrote: Don't know why this thread is still going when it was answered in the first post. OP was late, be on time next time.
i would only assume that the thread is still alive because their may be many others that have had similar if not worse experiences at the hands of the BB boys !