Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bestco Scarborough

Wing Wah Double Yoke Mooncakes $25

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2022 10:11 am
Dec 30, 2006
371 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
Check the expiry date. Got the MX one for $20 and it expired on Oct 5
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3768 upvotes
Vancouver
2 weeks after and only 50% off? I guess there really aren’t best before dates for these…
Mar 5, 2020
129 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wizard1 wrote: Snobs may argue Peninsula Hotel ones are better... You know those people that say the more expensive it is the better quality it must be
I personally like Maxim’s more than Wing Wah.
If it's free it's for me!

Save money, live better!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3668 posts
3758 upvotes
andycwlai wrote: $25 for a box of Wingwah moon cake is actually not a bad deal. It usually costs $40+.

However, I do not like having any yolks in the moon cake. It's a shame that double yolk is the norm.
Pure lotus for the win
Sep 16, 2012
224 posts
256 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
lossless wrote: LOL it's like 2 weeks after mid autumn festival though...
ikr? it's like getting a deal on x'mas trees in january Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11108 posts
5993 upvotes
Toronto
I guess they are not in a hurry to clear the stock out Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Dec 25, 2010
322 posts
358 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
Wizard1 wrote: Exp isn't till next year. Real rfders don't pay full price (see Easter, Valentine's, Halloween & Christmas threads)
We should have a kind of frugal calendar. We'll celebrate all holidays at a later time at a cheaper price (Frugal Easter, Frugal Valentine, Frugal Halloween, Frugal Christmas, etc.). We can even goes as far as creating companies that work on a different business week (so our Frugal Friday would be when it is cheaper at cinema for example, etc.). More bang for our precious resources. I'll write a book about it. I will put it on sale right from launch of course to appeal to my audience.
Apr 3, 2017
232 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto brothers just visit handmade ones at chinatown / spadina
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3559 posts
4105 upvotes
Cue the guy who always tells us if these are good enough to impress the in-laws.
For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
6045 posts
5862 upvotes
Vancouver
thelasthunter wrote: Cue the guy who always tells us if these are good enough to impress the in-laws.
In-laws not impressed by gifts two weeks past the holiday.
Jan 21, 2007
602 posts
540 upvotes
Spinner wrote: In-laws not impressed by gifts two weeks past the holiday.
If the expiry date is really next year as some reported, then we can buy in advance for next year's Mid Autumn festival :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
6045 posts
5862 upvotes
Vancouver
Darkblade48 wrote: If the expiry date is really next year as some reported, then we can buy in advance for next year's Mid Autumn festival :)
September 29, 2023 - it won't be before that date.

Aunties have been trying to save money for generations and come up with a solution to the mooncake problem. We aren't going to solve it at RFD. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12348 posts
2526 upvotes
Richmond Hill
y2dave wrote: Mooncake festival is over long ago wow ripoff only half price off. These should be $5 who going buy mooncake now
Maybe some people just like to eat mooncakes regardless of the time of year.

I like egg nog and wish that it's sold year round.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12348 posts
2526 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Some in-laws might appreciate good deals and are impressed by your deal hunting ability.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3559 posts
4105 upvotes
Most people here don't want to impress in-laws, in fact, they want them gone.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
1641 posts
2563 upvotes
Darkblade48 wrote: If the expiry date is really next year as some reported, then we can buy in advance for next year's Mid Autumn festival :)
It's not. It's Nov 11 this year.

Got the last two boxes on the shelf to give it a try.Face Savouring Delicious Food
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3856 posts
2262 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: Cue the guy who always tells us if these are good enough to impress the in-laws.
You can buy these for next year, just need to scrape off the best before date.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1900 posts
3257 upvotes
Homer88 wrote: You can buy these for next year, just need to scrape off the best before date.
And then when they check for the date, they see that it's scraped off. And when they eat it, at best it will just taste stale and not have mold and/make them sick with food poisoning.

Good plan for those who want to intentionally do this to their in-laws or want to be divorced, bad plan for those who don't.