Expired Hot Deals

Mountain Equipment Co-op

Cmstorm Quick Fire Rapid Mechanical Keyboard $39.69 (aft. $20 rebate)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2013 1:02 am
[OP]
Jun 30, 2005
32 posts
9 upvotes

[Mountain Equipment Co-op] Cmstorm Quick Fire Rapid Mechanical Keyboard $39.69 (aft. $20 rebate)

More offers from Mountain Equipment Co-op
Hey,

I have been looking for a decent Mechanical Keyboard for a while. I took too long and missed out on it during the ncix.com boxing week sale.

From the research I have done, this is a good bang for buck mechanical keyboard.

So here is the Cooler Master Cmstorm Quick Fire Rapid Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard at bestdirect.ca (ncix sister company btw)

http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/?sku=239574&kw=cmst

$59.69 - $20 MIR(Pre-Paid US Visa) = $39.69 + $5.99(flat shipping) + tax + enviro

I just ordered mine Total $70.12 - $20 MIR(Pre-Paid US Visa) = approx. $50 all in
15 replies
Nov 28, 2009
178 posts
21 upvotes
Love this keyboard and it is half the price of comparable models.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6575 posts
1197 upvotes
accountants won't like these.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2005
32 posts
9 upvotes
Zink wrote: Love this keyboard and it is half the price of comparable models.
I can't wait to try it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6506 posts
1235 upvotes
Mississauga
Once you go mechanical keyboards, you can't go back, feel great when typing. Be warned though, the the cherry blue switches are loud so it may annoy those around you.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3639 posts
131 upvotes
The "Quick Fire Rapid" is made by the same OEM that makes Filco and is of comparable quality (other Coolermaster keyboards are made by a different OEM). A real steal since the equivalent Filco model would be $140 at NCIX. I'm waiting for a sale on red switches since I find blue too annoying.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3639 posts
131 upvotes
Noticed this is still in stock for the same price at Memory Express in Edmonton. Looks like the rebate should work regardless of what retailer you buy it from. Just in case anyone in Edmonton wants to save shipping.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX36451
Dec 21, 2009
766 posts
300 upvotes
Vancouver
I got one of these in the boxing day sale and returned it.
Couldn't use a keyboard without the number pad.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4138 upvotes
Toronto
TheSalesman wrote: I got one of these in the boxing day sale and returned it.
Couldn't use a keyboard without the number pad.
I was looking this up earlier, and you can PM a Targus wired keypad for $17 and a Targus wireless one for $27. Goes well with this if you don't mind the numpad being non-mechanical. If you are real geeky you can mod cherry switches into one of those dedicated key pads, I've seen some do it on geekhack.
Dec 29, 2008
291 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Fantaz wrote: I was looking this up earlier, and you can PM a Targus wired keypad for $17 and a Targus wireless one for $27. Goes well with this if you don't mind the numpad being non-mechanical. If you are real geeky you can mod cherry switches into one of those dedicated key pads, I've seen some do it on geekhack.
You can usually get a Razer Black widow for <$60 which has a numpad, so I don't think that's a smart option.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2005
32 posts
9 upvotes
noobslife wrote: You can usually get a Razer Black widow for <$60 which has a numpad, so I don't think that's a smart option.
I was giving the Razer Black Widow some serious consideration (as of right now around $70) but the quality/price/great reviews of this persuaded me away. Maybe down the road if the missing numpad bothers me enough I will upgrade.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6506 posts
1235 upvotes
Mississauga
I got the cm storm because I didn't need the keypad. Its rarly used and makes for less space on your desk.

Not really related but apple has also ditched the keypad from all their keyboards.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3639 posts
131 upvotes
Yah they make full sized versions as well. The Quick Fire Rapid is for those who want tenkeyless.
Sep 25, 2009
256 posts
49 upvotes
Yea, tenkeyless really improve the latency in multiplayer game. it just takes too much time switching back and forth between mouse and typing w/o tenkeyless. This is a nice deal, but I definitly prefer red cherry over black. This keyboard is made for competition and minded gamer, casual gamer use razer products.