• Jul 4th, 2020 2:29 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2014
5 posts
4 upvotes
Markham, ON

Better Internet near Brimley & Denison area

Hi All,

I'm in Markham, Brimley & Denison area (L3S postal code), and I'm in a bit of a dilemma regarding internet speeds.

I'm locked to no more than 25mbps on a DSL line here. No one (incl. Bell) is able to offer more due to old infrastracture.

Is cable worth it? Does anyone in the area know if throttling is an issue here? If not, can you recommend a company/deal?

Thanks!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1673 posts
1694 upvotes
Markham, ON
I'm at Markham and 14th, and Bell not available beyond 50Mbps in my area as well.
I have cable with a retentions plan, get gigabit speeds. Worth it for me.
No throttling.
Hi!
[OP]
Dec 27, 2014
5 posts
4 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks for the reply! Any ISP you could recommend?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2764 posts
1319 upvotes
Toronto
I'm using Rogers and they're good. If you have any issues they'll send a tech out to take a look free of charge since it's their lines.

A lot of people like TekSavvy. You would have to buy their own modem from them to get a discount. I don't have TekSavvy but from what I've read before (I assume it's the same now but I'm not sure) if you have any issues they will charge you to send out a tech and I believe it's a Rogers tech guy since the cable line is from Rogers.

I read that people like using Start. I think they're website is start.ca. I assume that's them.

FYI, Rogers is not sending tech guys into your residence right now because of the pandemic. I'm not sure if they have an option like dropping the hardware at your door and connecting with you via video conferencing or calling you on the phone. I saw that Bell offers this on a commercial.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1673 posts
1694 upvotes
Markham, ON
Sorry, forgot to add ROGERS in my reply.

I'm with Rogers and I get full 1Gbps when using wired connection pretty much at all times.

I pay $170ish tax included for Cable (Popular TV, Super Sports Pak) &.Internet.
Hi!