Health & Wellness

Which is better place to take the vaccine?

[OP]
May 4, 2020
257 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, On

Which is better place to take the vaccine?

Hi
Which is better, go to local pharmacy or other dedicated centres etc.?
Thank you.
20 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17751 posts
15206 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Better how ?

Truly IT DOESNT MATTER
They are all serving up the same vaccines anyhow

Just get the shot ASAP

That’s what is important

The sooner you get it
The sooner YOU will be protected

And everyone around you
Jul 4, 2021
160 posts
64 upvotes
GTA
I got mine both in a hospital -- better? I dunno, it's "better" in that I got free parking vs community center, I guess... and closer to the house for emergencies, just in case...

what is odd is: haven't you gotten even a dose yet? go get 'em!
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
27831 posts
4137 upvotes
Montreal
Whichever gives Moderna.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11154 posts
2194 upvotes
Dedicated center is safer. Pharmacy is for convenience.
lwlwlwlw wrote: Hi
Thank you.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2004
1657 posts
574 upvotes
Oakville
lwlwlwlw wrote: Hi
Thank you.
probably minimal difference favouring either venue.

At a pharmacy, there may be fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated and unvaccinated customers in the pharmacy at the time you go. While at the dedicated clinics, you know everyone getting a shot at the clinic will be either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated. The person giving you the shot at either locations may or may not be vaccinated.

So long as everyone is masked, socially distanced (except the person giving you the shot), and you wash your hands, you should be fine getting your shot at either venue.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4917 posts
2501 upvotes
Toronto
Depends.
If you suffer from a condition such as vasovagal syncope (fainting while getting needles) you may want to get your vaccine at a clinic that is prepared & capable of handling you.
Jun 14, 2019
205 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Rather get a nurse who does injections more frequently then say a pharmacist who does one once in a while or even worst a pharm tech who has emergency certification to administer the shot.

But anyway Moderna is preferred for long lasting, hoping to get a 3rd shot of that vs the pfizer.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4079 posts
1996 upvotes
If we are required to get a booster (third) shot, I will return to the mass immunization clinics organized by the Ontario government. My second shot was at a pharmacy and it was a bit chaotic and not well organized, compared to my first shot at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. It was well run and the staff was very professional. Definitely will not be returning to a pharmacy for any type of vaccinations in the future.
[OP]
May 4, 2020
257 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, On
YPfailsSW2 wrote: Rather get a nurse who does injections more frequently then say a pharmacist who does one once in a while or even worst a pharm tech who has emergency certification to administer the shot.

But anyway Moderna is preferred for long lasting, hoping to get a 3rd shot of that vs the pfizer.
Thank you all, yes that is my concern, is someone do the injection on daily basis. I was thinking who do that at pharmacy? but anyway you made it clear to me now and I thank you. I will go wit Moderna.
One more question, I will do my google search but thought to ask. How about mobile clinic? If they have experiences nurses then I would go but where to find them in Toronto? Thank you very much again.
Dec 8, 2008
126 posts
34 upvotes
YPfailsSW2 wrote: Rather get a nurse who does injections more frequently then say a pharmacist who does one once in a while or even worst a pharm tech who has emergency certification to administer the shot.

How do you know Moderna is preferred for long lasting?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4849 posts
948 upvotes
rural ontario
Pharmacy you can shop after your shot rather than sit in a chair fiddling with your phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3212 posts
1960 upvotes
SW ON
mr_raider wrote: E_Ro5M0UYAEyMc2.jpeg
"Shading shows confidence interval". Look at Moderna.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
27831 posts
4137 upvotes
Montreal
alpovs wrote: "Shading shows confidence interval". Look at Moderna.
Yeah. But it's fairly recurrent across studies.

Moderna's internal data suggests waning after 9 months instead of 6 like Pfizer.
[OP]
May 4, 2020
257 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, On
Sorry, also want to ask, they all give paper which shows I took the vac right?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17751 posts
15206 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
lwlwlwlw wrote: Sorry, also want to ask, they all give paper which shows I took the vac right?
Yes they do

Your receipt of vaccination will come to you from Ontario Public Health within 24 hours
It will show all the data as to what you got … including the vaccine batch codes etc
[OP]
May 4, 2020
257 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, On
Thank you all. Not sure what I would have done without your help. I am thankful. I took pfizer shot today. they only had that one. thanks again.