Computers & Electronics

Which is better Samsung Note 8.0 or the Apple iPad Mini?

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2013 11:27 am
Jul 16, 2012
16 posts
3 upvotes
NORTH YORK

Which is better Samsung Note 8.0 or the Apple iPad Mini?

Been looking into both tablets, and cannot decide on which would be better. Have been over the stats, and from what I have read online the note 8.0 has a little more power backing it. But I am more curious in performance. I am just looking for something that can play videos, and to join my network to play videos on my tv.

Which do you guys think is better?
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... ageIndex=1

or

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipad-mini/specs/

I also do not understand this apple chip, A5?? What does that mean, how does that compare to the Exynos 4412 1.4ghz quad chip?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11296 posts
1273 upvotes
Toronto
XBMC go with android
Plex go with either
otherwise they both will be able to serve up content via SMB, but android will support more file formats

personally i think the note is ugly looking, get the nexus 7 instead
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Your answer will depend on whether an Android or an Apple fanboy answers.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3206 posts
1739 upvotes
Markham
If your going for the 16GB iPad mini, the iPad will be the better value at $330. The note 8 is a much better device, so if you need more than 16GB, the note 8 is the best choice.

Personally I would suggest waiting for the Nexus 7.2 that will hopefully come in July.
May 12, 2013
4 posts
3 upvotes
I think spending the money it would be better to go with an android powered device. If you think about it, if you get an ipad then you only will have the space that is there. Especially if you want to use it for movies. I think it would make much more sense to go with note. The note may not look as pretty. But with what it can do is much better imo.

I would just wait for the price to come down a bit, Best Buy just had a sale this last weekend. Could wait until they have another one, or another store puts it on sale.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)