Scammers and Warnings

Beware of ALEXANISH, sold a stolen/blacklisted phone as new.

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 9:32 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 27, 2005
727 posts
1 upvote

Beware of ALEXANISH, sold a stolen/blacklisted phone as new.

BUYERS BEWARE please. I have been on this forum for years, but sad to say that I have had a horrendous experience with ALEXANISH now.

BST thread; 404-2481699/#p34842703

He was selling a Brand New directly bought from Fido iPhone 12 Mini for $900. I went and met with him, paid him his asking price and picked up the phone for my sister. Brought it home and gave it to her, she placed her SIM card in it and the phone wouldn't register on the network. Turns out the phone is BLACKLISTED by Fido as stolen/lost.

ALEXANISH is now claiming he bought the phone from someone else and sold it to me. That I should have done my due diligence before buying and he cannot do anything about it anymore.

I have requested ALEXANISH to give me my full refund and he can deal with the person he bought it from. Unfortunately he isn't receptive to that and is asking me to not contact him anymore or else he will file a police report of threat! Albeit no threats given. I would be more than happy to paste the back and forth message communication with him here.
18 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2011
4481 posts
26594 upvotes
RAPIDPULSE wrote: I have requested ALEXANISH to give me my full refund and he can deal with the person he bought it from. Unfortunately he isn't receptive to that and is asking me to not contact him anymore or else he will file a police report of threat! Albeit no threats given. I would be more than happy to paste the back and forth message communication with him here.
Sorry to hear, I read your post before posting this this thread.

I wouldn't wait for him to go to the cops, you should've already gone to the police and reported this. He willingly knew he was selling you a Blacklisted phone (and not telling you) you have documented conversations which you can use as evidence and hope they follow-up on this.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 27, 2005
727 posts
1 upvote
markopas wrote: Sorry to hear, I read your post before posting this this thread.

I wouldn't wait for him to go to the cops, you should've already gone to the police and reported this. He willingly knew he was selling you a Blacklisted phone (and not telling you) you have documented conversations which you can use as evidence and hope they follow-up on this.
thank you kindly for the insightful and courteous response markopas. I am going to see it through to the fullest with law enforcement. I wanted to give him a chance to rectify it and its a shame that my politeness and a chance for him to make it right fell on deaf ears, instead he is threatening me. sigh, I shake my head at it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2011
4481 posts
26594 upvotes
RAPIDPULSE wrote: thank you kindly for the insightful and courteous response markopas. I am going to see it through to the fullest with law enforcement. I wanted to give him a chance to rectify it and its a shame that my politeness and a chance for him to make it right fell on deaf ears, instead he is threatening me. sigh, I shake my head at it.
The longer you wait the longer it could take to resolve the issue, maybe call up the local division on a non-emergency number and get their opinion on it.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 27, 2005
727 posts
1 upvote
markopas wrote: The longer you wait the longer it could take to resolve the issue, maybe call up the local division on a non-emergency number and get their opinion on it.
Absolutely, ball is rolling. :)

Is there a "contact a mod" link or a way to reach out to the team if anyone knows please? I would like to bring the admin/mod team in on it so they are aware as the seller is actively selling more items still.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2639 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
Feel sorry for you mate
Reach out to local division asap
:(
Images
  • Screenshot_20210812-095450_Chrome.jpg
Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
10888 posts
3179 upvotes
Newmarket
RAPIDPULSE wrote: Absolutely, ball is rolling. :)

Is there a "contact a mod" link or a way to reach out to the team if anyone knows please? I would like to bring the admin/mod team in on it so they are aware as the seller is actively selling more items still.
@TomRFD for your review.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9974 posts
1327 upvotes
Just stumbled on this and sad to see this happening. Probably trying to make a quick buck and ended up buying a lemon that he sold to you, OP.

Alex should really do the right thing and refund you and take it upon himself to sell the phone as blacklisted. His arguments make no sense in the original thread and the fact he didn't tell the truth behind the device when selling it is straight up misrepresentation.

https://www.kijiji.ca/o-profile/1019345329/listings/1

This is his Kijiji profile. I was in contact with him a few times over the last 2 weeks about some trade possibilities but I guess I dodged a potential bullet. He has a lot of positive feedback and I am guessing he let this one deal that went sour kill his rep.
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 27, 2005
727 posts
1 upvote
mcg wrote: Just stumbled on this and sad to see this happening. Probably trying to make a quick buck and ended up buying a lemon that he sold to you, OP.

Alex should really do the right thing and refund you and take it upon himself to sell the phone as blacklisted. His arguments make no sense in the original thread and the fact he didn't tell the truth behind the device when selling it is straight up misrepresentation.

https://www.kijiji.ca/o-profile/1019345329/listings/1

This is his Kijiji profile. I was in contact with him a few times over the last 2 weeks about some trade possibilities but I guess I dodged a potential bullet. He has a lot of positive feedback and I am guessing he let this one deal that went sour kill his rep.
Thanks for the kind words and I gave him ample options to right the wrong. Anyway… lesson learnt.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
7826 posts
2924 upvotes
Surprised his rep aint worth $900.

I would have bought blindly from him too so really no lessons to learn but just ended up to luck for both of you.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 27, 2005
727 posts
1 upvote
No he drove a white Toyota Corolla.
Russian/polish guy.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4196 posts
2468 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RAPIDPULSE wrote: No he drove a white Toyota Corolla.
Russian/polish guy.
Typical RFD'er driving a corolla and scamming people lol Sorry OP for what happened, and I hope you get it resolved ASAP.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Jr. Member
Jul 30, 2019
121 posts
312 upvotes
Clarkson
I had a similar experience a couple years ago with another guy from kijiji. I didn’t get my money back too as I bought it without careful attention to the phone.the lesson was learnt.
So I’m now checking everything with the seller together before buying it. It’s definitely time-consuming process (IMEI check, wifi connection, speakers and microphones, cameras, erasing the phone) but it is worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4196 posts
2468 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Vovchyk wrote: I had a similar experience a couple years ago with another guy from kijiji. I didn’t get my money back too as I bought it without careful attention to the phone.the lesson was learnt.
So I’m now checking everything with the seller together before buying it. It’s definitely time-consuming process (IMEI check, wifi connection, speakers and microphones, cameras, erasing the phone) but it is worth it.
So what happens if the seller calls and blacklists the phone after purchase?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Jr. Member
Jul 30, 2019
121 posts
312 upvotes
Clarkson
My case was that the seller sold stolen phone. It was clean phone but I wanted to reset it using itunes. After that new window showed up with the inscription ‘that phone is stolen call me please when you find it. So I called and it appeared that the phone was stolen a couple days before I had bought it. I also suspected the seller and made an appointment in the nearest police office with the person the phone number was on the screen. So, it emerged that this guy reported to police that his phone was stolen. So I had a nice conversation with a police officer( wasting about 1.5 hr time). Ended up reporting the fraud case and after leaving my contacts and screenshots from kijiji left for home. The money was a bit less than 1000$ but that bad aftertaste I feel even now :). Obviously, the guy sold the phone wasn’t caught so it was a nice lesson for me.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
24399 posts
33437 upvotes
Toronto
Most police forces won't lift a finger to help in these kind of cases. they'll brush it off as a civil matter and advise you to go through the courts. sad.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.

Top