Beware: Factory Direct not honouring warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2019 11:57 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4339 posts
711 upvotes
Waterloo
EugW wrote: I remember many years ago walking into Factory Direct to look at some MacBooks, which they called refurbished. Not only were most of them dirty with some of them being stained, many literally had cracked cases.

Basically, they were selling non-refurbished D-stock stuff as so-called "refurbished".

I wouldn't even call them a dollar store. A dollar store sells overstock or low end new stuff for cheap. Factory Direct sells abused stuff in horrible condition.

Apple refurbished stuff purchased from Apple has full one-year warranty. You can also purchase their extended warranty for their refurbished stuff too, at the same price as for their new stuff.
Apple refurbished stuff is like 15% off retail off a new one. So i suppose they can afford to provide a full warranty.
----
Pay it forward.
Banned
Sep 24, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
Factory Direct is a purely dishonest company and the people from brampton that run the company are truly scammers masquerading as a legit business. Never ever shop there, period.
Smells like BO and looks like they forgot to take a bath.
Oct 27, 2017
666 posts
532 upvotes
When did they have products with full warranties? I thought everything was only 90 days or 30 days.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14857 posts
1167 upvotes
Markham
Friends don't let friends shop at factory direct
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16189 posts
3558 upvotes
Toronto
eelw11 wrote: When did they have products with full warranties? I thought everything was only 90 days or 30 days.
They sell extended warranties.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
4038 posts
2158 upvotes
Toronto
Man - used to love that place for occasional small tech accessories, but that was 5+ years ago.
Fairly crystal clear that you are screwed when you encounter problems.

Back then, they legit offered some good random deals in their flyers.
Don't get me wrong - tons of crap, but it at least seemed like they offered sales.
Kinda morphed into same things same prices every week.

The clear sign of sketch was how only 1 person in store could authorize returns.

Does anyone else call it "Craptory Direct", or was that just me?