Beware of Lagostina Ceramic Pots - enamel flaking off while cooking

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 9:31 pm
[OP]
Mar 28, 2008
405 posts
215 upvotes

Beware of Lagostina Ceramic Pots - enamel flaking off while cooking

I bought some Lagostina Ceramic Pots from Canadian Tire.

"Swiss Engineered" with lifetime warranty, so what could go wrong I thought.

Turns out the enamel keeps flaking off while cooking. I might have eaten some of the enamel inadvertently.

Lots of similar reviews on the internet. Their warranty is also quite difficult to deal with.

4 replies
Temp. Banned
Aug 18, 2019
220 posts
175 upvotes
Solution is easy. Just. Don't. Buy. Pans or pots with non stick coating at all. Get cast iron or stainless steel or carbon steel instead. Healthier and safer and got some non stick quality as long as you "season" it Thumbs Up Sign

I stopped using any non stick coating at all cuz over the long run you'd end up eating the non stick particles and you'd ens up with all sorts of cancer in couple of decades or so and not knowing how why when you got it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9772 posts
4919 upvotes
Markham
ngold wrote: I bought some Lagostina Ceramic Pots from Canadian Tire.

"Swiss Engineered" with lifetime warranty, so what could go wrong I thought.

Turns out the enamel keeps flaking off while cooking. I might have eaten some of the enamel inadvertently.

Lots of similar reviews on the internet. Their warranty is also quite difficult to deal with.

If you have your receipt, bring it back to Cdn Tire and tell them you bought it because of the warranty and you want your money back or store credit or the product replaced because you're having trouble dealing with Lagostina support.

I did this exact same time a long long time ago with some Analon Pots that I bought from Hudson's Bay. I went back to the store with my receipt. They ended up giving me my money back....I went home and got and returned the entire set. Funny thing after a long while after that episode - A pot showed up from Analon for warranty replacement.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6141 posts
2633 upvotes
Would most people really have sent it back to the manufacturer? The shipping for something this heavy would make most people give up in frustration.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3425 posts
624 upvotes
Did you follow manufacterer's instructions? A lot of cookware says not to use it above med-high?
badOne wrote: Would most people really have sent it back to the manufacturer? The shipping for something this heavy would make most people give up in frustration.
You're right. For many items at CT, the product web page may note: This product carries a 1 year exchange warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store. Example: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/lago ... p.html#srp